WATCH: 'Your Holiday Mom' Loves You as You Are
BY Sunnivie Brydum
November 21 2012 3:28 PM ET
A multimedia project aiming to foster parental acceptance of LGBT youth is kicking off the holiday season with a heartwarming message: "Your holiday mom loves you as you are."
Every day from Thanksgiving Day through January 1, real moms who support their LGBT kids will be featured on YourHolidayMom.com, a blog created by "moms who are lovingly supportive of all children who identify as LGBTQ," according to the site. Daily posts will feature letters, videos, and audio from supportive mothers affirming a child's LGBT identity.
The initial video, which features an audio recording that inspired the blog's 2011 launch, carries with it a message that is much needed in this family-centric holiday season, when countless LGBT youth and adults find themselves rejected from their homes and families simply because of who they are.
"As your holiday mom, I accept you," says a maternal voice in the video. "I care about you. I'm interested in you. I want you to love, and I want you to be loved."
Watch the video below, and grab a tissue.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Crime Gay Man Gunned Down in NYC Street, Dies UPDATED: May 18 2013 7:24 PM
- Youth Florida Teen Arrested, Expelled for Same-Sex Relationship May 18 2013 6:58 PM
- Media Legendary Gay Gossip Columnist Michael Musto Responds to Being Laid Off May 18 2013 3:21 PM
- Marriage Equality Vive la France! Hollande Signs Marriage Equality Bill May 18 2013 12:20 PM
- Photography Photos: Cuba Libre May 18 2013 5:29 AM
- Television These 20 Sexy Pics of Stephen Amell Will Hit Your Bullseye May 17 2013 9:00 PM
- Politics Portugal Approves Adoption Rights for Same-Sex Spouses May 17 2013 8:32 PM