The Out Year in Sports So Far Is Truly Inspiring
BY Lucas Grindley
October 04 2012 3:57 PM ET
Megan Rapinoe celebrates a goal during the London 2012 Olympic Games.
The gold medal–winning U.S. Olympic soccer player first said she is a lesbian during an interview with Out magazine in July, then the star was quickly profiled in numerous places. She is also a midfielder for the Seattle Sounders Women. “I feel everyone is really craving [for] people to come out. People want — they need — to see that there are people like me playing soccer for the good ol’ U.S. of A.”
- Tennessee Hardware Store Puts Up 'No Gays Allowed' Sign
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Girl Scouts Return $100K When Donor Demands It 'Not Be Used' For Trans Girls
- Trans Woman Who Expanded Facebook's Gender Options Banned For Not Using 'Real Name'
- Girl Scouts Raise $100,000 in One Day After Dropping Transphobic Donor
- WATCH: Brothers Shows the Delight and Difficulty of Dating While Trans