The Out Year in Sports So Far Is Truly Inspiring
BY Lucas Grindley
October 04 2012 3:57 PM ET
Megan Rapinoe celebrates a goal during the London 2012 Olympic Games.
The gold medal–winning U.S. Olympic soccer player first said she is a lesbian during an interview with Out magazine in July, then the star was quickly profiled in numerous places. She is also a midfielder for the Seattle Sounders Women. “I feel everyone is really craving [for] people to come out. People want — they need — to see that there are people like me playing soccer for the good ol’ U.S. of A.”
- BREAKING: Federal Judge Upholds Puerto Rico Marriage Ban
- Op-ed: Be a Lady, Not a Tramp
- WATCH: CNN's Cooper, Lemon Explore Their Roots in Special Program
- Last-Minute Gift Ideas for the Catholic Who Suddenly Wants to Be Friends
- S.C. Congressional Candidate: Beware of Gay 'Gremlins'
- Playwright Responds to N.C. High School That Canceled Play Due to Gay Scene