Gayest Cities in America, 2012
BY Matthew Breen
January 09 2012 5:00 AM ET
There's the official census with information on same-sex couples as a percentage of the population, then there's our accounting of the gayest places in the USA — and we know the twain shan't meet. But do we really need another article telling us that the homos gather in West Hollywood and Hell's Kitchen? That Northampton, Mass., is still Lesbianville, USA? (Don't get us wrong, we love those places.) Instead, in our third annual accounting of the gayest places in America — according to our totally accurate if decidedly subjective criteria — we look at the per capita queerness of some less expected locales.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- t.A.T.u. Singer OK with Lesbians, But Being Gay Is 'Unmanly'
- WATCH: Straight Dad Punched For Calling Out Woman's Antigay Slurs
- Op-ed: Gay Voice Is Ruining Lives
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- Boys Wear Skirts to Class in Protest After School Fines Trans Girl for Wearing Skirt