Fall Gay Getaways
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 30 2010 2:40 AM ET
Palm Beach, Fla.
Think of South Florida, and, naturally Miami and Fort Lauderdale spring to mind. But a more sophisticated destination lies a little bit north in Palm Beach, a pristine, quiet, and glamorous enclave. A getaway for years for the East Coast’s elite, Palm Beach is a 16-mile barrier island that is eminently bikeable. While (the mostly straight) nightlife is restricted to the island’s hotel bars (where some cabaret shows can be found), the real draw of Palm Beach is the phenomenal dining, Rodeo Drive-esque shopping, and those beaches. Devoid of noisy crowds and litter, the sands of Palm Beach feel like a mattress, and the warm water just may be therapeutic. Two great Palm Beach hotels include The Colony and the Palm Beach Ritz-Carlton.
- Uganda As Aid Cuts Continue, Ugandan Officials Not Concerned 13 min 45 sec ago
- Religion Fired Gay Administrator Sues Wash. Catholic School 16 min ago
- Women Who the F Is … California Politico Toni Atkins? 1 hour 17 min ago
- Women Op-ed: Why We Need International Women's Day 1 hour 21 min ago
- Books Lambda Literary Awards: Leavitt, Bianchi, Winterson Nominated 1 hour 29 min ago
- Women 19 Reasons to Swoon Over Androgynous Model Saskia de Brauw 1 hour 46 min ago
- Television Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower 1 hour 47 min ago