Fall Gay Getaways
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 30 2010 3:40 AM ET
Palm Beach, Fla.
Think of South Florida, and, naturally Miami and Fort Lauderdale spring to mind. But a more sophisticated destination lies a little bit north in Palm Beach, a pristine, quiet, and glamorous enclave. A getaway for years for the East Coast’s elite, Palm Beach is a 16-mile barrier island that is eminently bikeable. While (the mostly straight) nightlife is restricted to the island’s hotel bars (where some cabaret shows can be found), the real draw of Palm Beach is the phenomenal dining, Rodeo Drive-esque shopping, and those beaches. Devoid of noisy crowds and litter, the sands of Palm Beach feel like a mattress, and the warm water just may be therapeutic. Two great Palm Beach hotels include The Colony and the Palm Beach Ritz-Carlton.
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- WATCH: Ruth Bader Ginsburg Sees 'No Crying Need' for SCOTUS to Take Up Marriage
- WATCH: As Marriage Equality Spreads, Judge Rules NOM Can't Recoup $700K in Legal Fees
- Op-ed: How The Way He Looks Will Open Your Eyes
- 'God's Not Afraid of New Things,' Pope Tells Antigay Bishops
- BREAKING: Wyo. Won't Appeal Marriage Equality