Fall Gay Getaways
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 30 2010 3:40 AM ET
Galveston Island, Texas
Gay Houstonians are heading down to Galveston Island in droves, and it's not just for well-loved gay club 3rd Coast Downtown. On top of a beach area popular with gay visitors and locals (East Beach), Galveston Island provides plenty of shopping, gay B&Bs, and enough oysters to shuck all afternoon. While you’re there, pay homage to Robert’s Lafitte, the oldest gay bar on Galveston Island.
- Op-ed: Adopting the T in LGBT
- Schumer Admits Reason He Left Gays Out of Immigration 'Provides Little Comfort'
- Does Expansion of Rights Also Expand Antigay Violence?
- A Reason for Pride: Gay Parents Are Changing the World
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- Op-ed: My Life as a Gay Boy Scout
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Entertainment News Filmmaker Needs Help to Penetrate the South 13 min 50 sec ago
- Commentary NYC Hate Crimes: Why I'm Afraid for First Time in My Life 31 min 10 sec ago
- Women WATCH: Portia de Rossi Spills Ellen's Most Annoying Habit to Jennifer Aniston 54 min 13 sec ago
- Living Well Why Shacking Up Is Good For Your Health 1 hour 16 sec ago
- Politics Schumer: The Reason We Excluded Gays Offers 'Little Comfort' 1 hour 56 min ago
- World News PHOTOS: Startling Response to Right-Winger's Suicide in Notre Dame 2 hours 25 min ago
- Crime Does Expansion of Rights Also Expand Antigay Violence? 11:07 AM