Fall Gay Getaways
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 30 2010 3:40 AM ET
Galveston Island, Texas
Gay Houstonians are heading down to Galveston Island in droves, and it's not just for well-loved gay club 3rd Coast Downtown. On top of a beach area popular with gay visitors and locals (East Beach), Galveston Island provides plenty of shopping, gay B&Bs, and enough oysters to shuck all afternoon. While you’re there, pay homage to Robert’s Lafitte, the oldest gay bar on Galveston Island.
- WATCH: This Indiana Pizzeria Won't Cater Gay Weddings
- WATCH: Conan's Hilarious Interview With Indiana's 'Religious Freedom Czar'
- WATCH: Seth Meyers Takes Down Indiana's New Antigay Legislation
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion
- Ellen's 11 Most Uproarious, April Fool's-Approved Pranks
- The Best Drag Take on Madonna Is By a Woman