Fall Gay Getaways
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 30 2010 3:40 AM ET
Galveston Island, Texas
Gay Houstonians are heading down to Galveston Island in droves, and it's not just for well-loved gay club 3rd Coast Downtown. On top of a beach area popular with gay visitors and locals (East Beach), Galveston Island provides plenty of shopping, gay B&Bs, and enough oysters to shuck all afternoon. While you’re there, pay homage to Robert’s Lafitte, the oldest gay bar on Galveston Island.
- EXCLUSIVE: Bette Midler Covers TLC's 'Waterfalls'
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Op-ed: How Transparent Tried and Failed to Represent Trans Men
- Playwright Responds to N.C. High School That Canceled Play Due to Gay Scene
- #TBT: Halloween Exhibitionism