Anna Paquin: Still Explaining The Concept of Bisexuality
BY Michelle Garcia
May 03 2012 1:28 PM ET
True Blood actress and Oscar winner Anna Paquin came out as bisexual last year in a spot for the Give A Damn campaign, right before her wedding to co-star Stephen Moyer. Though Paquin has been nothing but forthcoming about her sexual orientation, her announcement still has some scratching their heads.
“I’m someone who believes being bisexual is actually a thing,” she said to Zooey magazine, as reported in Hollywood Life. “It’s not made up. It’s not a lack of decision. It’s not being greedy or numerous other ignorant things I’ve heard at this point. … For a bisexual, it’s not about gender. That’s not the deciding factor for who they’re attracted to.”
On the subject of privacy, interviewer Lecia Doss also asked Paquin, "Did you feel like you had to sacrifice some of the privacy you treasure in order to make a compelling statement for your Give A Damn PSA?"
Paquin responded that her coming out was a "minor biographical detail. If you're going to talk about some cause in a way that's meaningful, you should identify why it means something to you."
- WATCH: The Best of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music
- Op-ed: Two and a Half Men Introduces Trans Character, Manages to Stay Respectful
- Salvation Army 'Does Not Consider Homosexual Orientation a Sin'
- WATCH: The 12 Gayest Holiday Spectaculars Ever!
- WATCH: Obama Invokes LGBT Rights in Mandela Eulogy
- PHOTOS: We Asked The Stars, Who Is Your Hero?
- Women Emily Rios' Lesbian Character on The Bridge Upped to Series Regular 2 hours 4 min ago
- Media Russia Expert to Offer Political Commentary During Olympics 2 hours 55 min ago
- Travel In-Flight Cellphone Conversations: Dream or Nightmare? 7:48 PM
- Politics New Gay U.S. Ambassador Meets With Dominican President 7:08 PM
- Latest News NBC To Spotlight Russia’s Human Rights Abuses During Olympics 6:11 PM
- Couples/Personal Finances The Financial Effects of DOMA: Filing Taxes 5:56 PM
- Couples/Personal Finances Examining Employee Benefits in the Wake of DOMA’s Overturn 5:38 PM