Anna Paquin: Still Explaining The Concept of Bisexuality
BY Michelle Garcia
May 03 2012 2:28 PM ET
True Blood actress and Oscar winner Anna Paquin came out as bisexual last year in a spot for the Give A Damn campaign, right before her wedding to co-star Stephen Moyer. Though Paquin has been nothing but forthcoming about her sexual orientation, her announcement still has some scratching their heads.
“I’m someone who believes being bisexual is actually a thing,” she said to Zooey magazine, as reported in Hollywood Life. “It’s not made up. It’s not a lack of decision. It’s not being greedy or numerous other ignorant things I’ve heard at this point. … For a bisexual, it’s not about gender. That’s not the deciding factor for who they’re attracted to.”
On the subject of privacy, interviewer Lecia Doss also asked Paquin, "Did you feel like you had to sacrifice some of the privacy you treasure in order to make a compelling statement for your Give A Damn PSA?"
Paquin responded that her coming out was a "minor biographical detail. If you're going to talk about some cause in a way that's meaningful, you should identify why it means something to you."
- WATCH: One Gay Man's Touching Plea for Equality in Utah
- Timothy Dolan Uncomfortable as Pope Calls for Study of Civil Unions
- South Carolina Legislators Vote to Cut University Funding for Assigning LGBT Books
- Low-Income Apartment Complex for LGBT Seniors Opens in Philadelphia
- Op-ed: A Second Look at Bisexuality
- Gay-Helmed Sci-Fi Film Space Station 76 Debuts at SXSW
- Politics South Carolina Legislators Vote to Cut University Funding for Assigning LGBT Books 2 hours 33 min ago
- Politics WATCH: One Gay Man's Touching Plea for Equality in Utah 3:09 PM
- Religion Uncomfortable: Timothy Dolan Versus Pope on Civil Unions 3:04 PM
- Politics WATCH: Low-Income Apartments for LGBT Seniors Open 1:49 PM
- Comedy Johnny and Tara at 30 Rock, Can't Stop With Play-By-Play 1:00 PM
- Comedy 8 Movies Made Better With 'Let It Go' 11:50 AM
- Film Gay-Helmed Sci-Fi Film Space Station 76 Debuts at SXSW March 08 2014 8:15 PM