Anna Paquin: Still Explaining The Concept of Bisexuality
BY Michelle Garcia
May 03 2012 2:28 PM ET
True Blood actress and Oscar winner Anna Paquin came out as bisexual last year in a spot for the Give A Damn campaign, right before her wedding to co-star Stephen Moyer. Though Paquin has been nothing but forthcoming about her sexual orientation, her announcement still has some scratching their heads.
“I’m someone who believes being bisexual is actually a thing,” she said to Zooey magazine, as reported in Hollywood Life. “It’s not made up. It’s not a lack of decision. It’s not being greedy or numerous other ignorant things I’ve heard at this point. … For a bisexual, it’s not about gender. That’s not the deciding factor for who they’re attracted to.”
On the subject of privacy, interviewer Lecia Doss also asked Paquin, "Did you feel like you had to sacrifice some of the privacy you treasure in order to make a compelling statement for your Give A Damn PSA?"
Paquin responded that her coming out was a "minor biographical detail. If you're going to talk about some cause in a way that's meaningful, you should identify why it means something to you."
- New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families
- WATCH: Kaitlyn Hunt Rejects Plea Deal, Girlfriend's Parents Say They Had No Choice
- Robbie Rogers Becomes First Openly Gay Major League Soccer Player
- French Marriage Equality Opponent 'Very Scared' Of Right-Wing Backlash
- WATCH: It Already Got Better for This Colorado Student
- Virginia's Lt. Gov. Nominee Says Gays Are 'Ikky'
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Television Jason Collins Calls It a 'Slam-Dunk!' and More Fake Gay Reviews for Behind the Candelabra 6:30 PM
- Food and Drink Want to Eat a Hot Dog Named After Harvey Fierstein? 5:53 PM
- Marriage Equality French Marriage Equality Opponent 'Very Scared' Of Right-Wing Backlash 3:02 PM
- Entertainment News Augusten Burroughs Shows Off Wedding Rings 1:56 PM
- Women WATCH: Kaitlyn Hunt Rejects Plea, Victim's Parents Speak 1:21 PM
- Washington D.C. White House to Host Pride Reception June 13 12:44 PM
- Politics Virginia's Lt. Gov. Nominee Says Gays Are 'Ikky' 12:35 PM