Athens: Gay Couple Beaten by Homophobic Mob
BY Michelle Garcia
August 25 2014 2:13 PM ET
A homophobic mob of as many as 15 people assaulted a gay couple in Athens Saturday, Greek newspaper Kathimerini reports.
The couple, whose names were not released, sustained multiple injuries in the attack, and one had to undergo surgery on his ankle. The 10 to 15 attackers were between the ages of 25 and 30.
According to U.K. site Pink News, another gay couple in Athens was beaten by police last month for holding hands.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- #TBT: Halloween Exhibitionism
- Op-ed: How Transparent Tried and Failed to Represent Trans Men
- WATCH: In Pat Robertson's Latest Diatribe, Gays Are 'Terrorists'
- That's Amoré! 11 Irresistible Images of What Happened When Rome Recognized Same-Sex Marriages