Athens: Gay Couple Beaten by Homophobic Mob
BY Michelle Garcia
August 25 2014 2:13 PM ET
A homophobic mob of as many as 15 people assaulted a gay couple in Athens Saturday, Greek newspaper Kathimerini reports.
The couple, whose names were not released, sustained multiple injuries in the attack, and one had to undergo surgery on his ankle. The 10 to 15 attackers were between the ages of 25 and 30.
According to U.K. site Pink News, another gay couple in Athens was beaten by police last month for holding hands.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- PHOTOS: Best of Pride
- Ethics Complaint Filed Against Texas AG Over Stance on Marriage Licenses
- Ted Cruz and the Fallout for Fire Island
- Marriage Equality Supporter Featured in Mormon Anti-Marriage Equality Post