Athens: Gay Couple Beaten by Homophobic Mob
BY Michelle Garcia
August 25 2014 2:13 PM ET
A homophobic mob of as many as 15 people assaulted a gay couple in Athens Saturday, Greek newspaper Kathimerini reports.
The couple, whose names were not released, sustained multiple injuries in the attack, and one had to undergo surgery on his ankle. The 10 to 15 attackers were between the ages of 25 and 30.
According to U.K. site Pink News, another gay couple in Athens was beaten by police last month for holding hands.
- BREAKING: Supreme Court: Kentucky Clerk Must Issue Marriage Licenses
- Pride at Work Tells HRC: ‘Enough Is Enough’
- 5 HIV-Positive Men Give Advice to Their Former Selves
- STUDY: One-Third of Israelis Are Bisexual
- WATCH: Miley Cyrus Features LGBT Youth and Drag Queens in VMA's Closing Number
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers