In the Galleries: 'Round Hole, Square Peg'
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 08 2013 5:00 AM ET
Mark Bieraugel (bear)
"Round Hole, Square Peg" is a curated invitational, conceived with the intent to redefine a queer aesthetic for the 21st century. Featured are 20 artists working in a variety of different mediums, all focused on social issues surrounding being LGBT in the modern world. Central to the show's conception is the idea that queer queer artists have a perspective and experience to contribute to society that is wholly their own.
Click through for more artwork from this exhibit >>
- Op-ed: Burning Books, One Word at a Time
- Op-ed: Why Do Kids Anger So Many Gay Men?
- James Franco Calls Gay NYT Theater Critic a 'Little Bitch'
- WATCH: PBS Showcases Queer Aspects of Cosplay
- WATCH: Dax Shepherd's Crush on Brad Pitt is Too Real For Kristen Bell
- Last Words With RuPaul's Drag Race's Trinity K. Bonet