In the Galleries: 'Round Hole, Square Peg'
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 08 2013 5:00 AM ET
Mark Bieraugel (bear)
"Round Hole, Square Peg" is a curated invitational, conceived with the intent to redefine a queer aesthetic for the 21st century. Featured are 20 artists working in a variety of different mediums, all focused on social issues surrounding being LGBT in the modern world. Central to the show's conception is the idea that queer queer artists have a perspective and experience to contribute to society that is wholly their own.
Click through for more artwork from this exhibit >>
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- 60 Homoerotic Album Covers
- Straight Talk With Years & Years' Olly Alexander, the U.K.'s New Gay Pop Star
- Houston Mayor Sued Over LGBT Rights Law — Again
- UFC Women's Champ: 'I Wouldn't Refuse' to Fight a Trans Athlete
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series