In the Galleries: Queer Threads
BY Christopher Harrity
January 13 2014 5:00 AM ET
L.J. Roberts, The Queer Houses of Brooklyn in the Three Towns of Breukelen, Boswyck,and Midwout during the 41st Year of the Stonewall Era, (based on a 2010 drawing by Daniel Rosza Lang/Levitsky with 24 illustrations by Buzz Slutzky on printed pin-back buttons), 2011, poly-fill, acrylic, rayon, Lurex, wool, polyester, cotton lamé, sequins, and blended fabrics, 138 x 114 x 108 in. Courtesy of the Smithsonian American Art Museum, Gift of Elaine Reuben. Photo: The Smithsonian American Art Museum.
- Op-ed: Why I Unfriended My Mother
- Texas Gay Man, 32, Dies in Custody After Being Denied Medication
- Iowa Couple Plans 1,000 Antigay Billboards
- Leslie Jordan: I Threw 'Sweet Iced Tea, Not Coffee' in Starbucks Fight
- Texas Rep.: Strand Gays on an Island, See What Happens
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'