In the Galleries: Queer Threads
BY Christopher Harrity
January 13 2014 5:00 AM ET
L.J. Roberts, The Queer Houses of Brooklyn in the Three Towns of Breukelen, Boswyck,and Midwout during the 41st Year of the Stonewall Era, (based on a 2010 drawing by Daniel Rosza Lang/Levitsky with 24 illustrations by Buzz Slutzky on printed pin-back buttons), 2011, poly-fill, acrylic, rayon, Lurex, wool, polyester, cotton lamé, sequins, and blended fabrics, 138 x 114 x 108 in. Courtesy of the Smithsonian American Art Museum, Gift of Elaine Reuben. Photo: The Smithsonian American Art Museum.
- Antigay Heckler Dragged Out of Supreme Court
- Hillary Clinton's Rainbow Logo Leads Politicians Proclaiming 'Love Can't Wait'
- PHOTOS: The Scene at the Supreme Court As Marriage Equality is Considered
- Op-ed: Hosting Ted Cruz Isn't Just Offensive to LGBT People
- See Where the Nation Stands On Marriage Equality — In One Graphic
- Meet the People Waiting in Line for History