In the Galleries: Wes Hempel
BY Christopher Harrity
February 19 2014 5:00 AM ET
Hope and Fear, 2013, oil on canvas, 20 x 16 inches
Wes Hempel has established himself as an accomplished technician and witty social commentator with his riffs on classic painting styles and American hunks. Sure, the guys are great, but look closely at the clouds and foliage painted in neoclassical style, Dutch golden age landscapes, and more. Hempel's reimagining of the past is both thought-provoking and wonderfully pleasing. See our original portfolio of his work here.
Wes Hempel New Painintgs
George Billis Gallery
2716 S. La Cienega Blvd.
Los Angeles, Calif. 90034
February 22 - March 29, 2014
Artist Reception: Saturday, March 1, 5 p.m. - 8 p.m.
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing It Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- WATCH: Straight Vlogger Slams Same-Sex Marriage Opponents
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- The Lost Pink Triangles
- Lesbian-Led U.S Women Are One Win Away From The World Cup!
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality