Artist Spotlight: Jamil Hellu
BY Christopher Harrity
June 08 2013 4:00 AM ET
Tell us about what you would wear for your own photo shoot — or are any of these self-portraits?
I had my photograph taken already and it is part of the series. Some people recognize me, some don’t, which is nice. I like the double take result. I don’t look at any of the work as self-portraiture. The photographs are expressions of people’s ideas and of the collaborations that emerge between us in front of the camera. [Editor's note: The picture above is not necessarily Jamil Hellu. He did not tell us if his image was included in the portfolio.]
- Panic! at the Disco Counters Westboro Baptist Church Picket With Donation
- Shocking Increase in HIV Diagnosis Rate Among Young Gay, Bi Men
- Fox Pundit: Obama Forcing 'Militant LGBT Agenda' on Christians
- GLAAD Studio Responsibility Index Reveals Lack of LGBT Visibility
- WATCH: Do Kids Movies Push The 'Gay Agenda'?
- Don't Look a Gift Unicorn In the Mouth