Artist Spotlight: Jamil Hellu
BY Christopher Harrity
June 08 2013 3:00 AM ET
Tell us about what you would wear for your own photo shoot — or are any of these self-portraits?
I had my photograph taken already and it is part of the series. Some people recognize me, some don’t, which is nice. I like the double take result. I don’t look at any of the work as self-portraiture. The photographs are expressions of people’s ideas and of the collaborations that emerge between us in front of the camera. [Editor's note: The picture above is not necessarily Jamil Hellu. He did not tell us if his image was included in the portfolio.]
- The Advocate's Person of the Year: Pope Francis
- WATCH: Sexy Santas Want You to 'Get Enrolled' in Obamacare
- The Advocate's Person of the Year: 'Idiotic' or 'Important?'
- Duck Dynasty Star Slams Sinful 'Homosexuals, Drunks, Terrorists'
- 29 Hot Gifts for the Homo Homebody
- Meet the People Fired for Being LGBT in 2013
- Marriage Equality Virginia AG Asks Court to Dismiss Marriage Ban Challenge 30 min 22 sec ago
- Health WATCH: Sexy Santas Want You to 'Get Enrolled' 1 hour 19 min ago
- Holiday Gifts for Everyone 29 Hot Gifts for the Homo Homebody UPDATED: 1 hour 27 min ago
- Style Meet Sexy German Designer Working With Alan Cumming & ARMANI 1 hour 52 min ago
- HIV & AIDS Consumer Reports Now Ranks HIV Meds 2 hours 38 min ago
- Music 10 Singles You May Have Missed This Year 10:18 AM
- Acceptance Matters Confronting the 'Glitter Mafia' 10:00 AM