Artist Spotlight: Jamil Hellu
BY Christopher Harrity
June 08 2013 3:00 AM ET
Tell us about what you would wear for your own photo shoot — or are any of these self-portraits?
I had my photograph taken already and it is part of the series. Some people recognize me, some don’t, which is nice. I like the double take result. I don’t look at any of the work as self-portraiture. The photographs are expressions of people’s ideas and of the collaborations that emerge between us in front of the camera. [Editor's note: The picture above is not necessarily Jamil Hellu. He did not tell us if his image was included in the portfolio.]
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Freddy Krave Is His Own Best Model
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View