Artist Spotlight: Sara Swaty
BY Christopher Harrity
September 07 2013 4:00 AM ET
"I am a gender-queer trans woman and have been on estrogen since 2009. I shift between styles, looks, and expressions based on mood because for me, regardless of my identity, gender expression is art and my body is the canvas. Whether drag-kinging, dressing up pretty, lounging around in grunge, or going quirky, I am always me."
- Op-Ed: Gay Purple Heart Recipient Says 'Mission Not Accomplished'
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- Eurovision Winner Who Called Gays an 'Abnormality' Changes Tune
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either