Artist Spotlight: Sara Swaty
BY Christopher Harrity
September 07 2013 3:00 AM ET
"I think gender is a continuum. We are both male and female at the same time — we have male and female characteristics, desires, and sometimes male and female body parts. We dress like both, make love like both, and want both as partners and as role models. Some are closer to one side or the other on the continuum, but everyone is both genders — whether they say it or believe it or want it or accept it or not.
"I am bisexual, a male in form. I love men and women. I shave everything because it frees me from a layer of masculine identity so that I can be closer to my mixed-gender self. I am proud and happy to be a man and would not change my body parts or core features that identify me. I like to feel part of my feminine side, and shaving everything makes me feel a little bit that way. It's about how I feel about myself, and shaving is an outward sign of an internal feeling."
- Love and Sex Single, Fun, Fit, and 50 5 min 48 sec ago
- Travel Travelogue: News and Notes from Philly, San Diego and More 22 min 36 sec ago
- Politics Virginia's House Repeals Sodomy Ban 1 hour 21 min ago
- Crime WATCH: Gay Couple Attacked in NYC on 10th Anniversary 1 hour 28 min ago
- Theater Late Gay TV Star's Play Eyes Broadway 2 hours 11 min ago
- Commentary Why Is the St Patrick's Day Parade So Important to LGBT Activists? 2 hours 12 min ago
- Comedy WATCH: Jeffrey: The Series Episode 7, ‘Velvet Rope’ 2 hours 14 min ago