Artist Spotlight: Blake Little
BY Christopher Harrity
September 21 2013 3:02 AM ET
Manifest is a progression from photographer Blake Little's groundbreaking book The Company of Men. Little's documentation of a new gay masculinity continues as he pushes his portraiture in different ways. His visual vocabulary has evolved from the more formal structure of his earlier pictures, taking more chances and benefiting from this freedom. This time the photographs are were taken both in and out of his Los Angeles studio and in England, Canada, and all over the U.S. Some are more intimate than he has ever presented before, surprisingly so. He also captures couples for the first time, presenting portraits of real relationships. Manifest features 104 remarkable photos of compelling men with a powerful, humorous, and heartfelt foreword by actor and icon Nick Offerman.
Manifest, edited by Frank Rodriguez and designed by Sean Adams, is available this month.
MANIFEST BLAKE LITTLE
BLAKE LITTLE PHOTOGRAPHY
Click through for a selection of images from Manifest. >>>
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- Reality Special My Husband’s Not Gay: Deep in Denial?
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- Op-ed: Trans Glamour Versus Trans Activism
- Hands Down, the Single Best Quote of 2014
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment