Artist Spotlight: Blake Little
BY Christopher Harrity
September 21 2013 3:02 AM ET
Manifest is a progression from photographer Blake Little's groundbreaking book The Company of Men. Little's documentation of a new gay masculinity continues as he pushes his portraiture in different ways. His visual vocabulary has evolved from the more formal structure of his earlier pictures, taking more chances and benefiting from this freedom. This time the photographs are were taken both in and out of his Los Angeles studio and in England, Canada, and all over the U.S. Some are more intimate than he has ever presented before, surprisingly so. He also captures couples for the first time, presenting portraits of real relationships. Manifest features 104 remarkable photos of compelling men with a powerful, humorous, and heartfelt foreword by actor and icon Nick Offerman.
Manifest, edited by Frank Rodriguez and designed by Sean Adams, is available this month.
MANIFEST BLAKE LITTLE
BLAKE LITTLE PHOTOGRAPHY
Click through for a selection of images from Manifest. >>>
- WATCH: The 12 Gayest Holiday Spectaculars Ever!
- These Couples Prove Love Is Love
- Op-ed: What I Didn't Learn in Catholic School
- Salvation Army 'Does Not Consider Homosexual Orientation a Sin'
- WATCH: Pastor Rick Warren's Orwellian 'Doublespeak' on Marriage Equality
- Gay Teacher Fired After Obtaining Marriage License
- Entertainment News Musto: Tom Daley & Maria Bello Are Bi, Get Used To It 25 min 22 sec ago
- Television WATCH: The 12 Gayest Holiday Spectaculars Ever! 7:00 AM
- Comedy Op-ed: What I Didn't Learn in Catholic School 6:00 AM
- Day in LGBT America PHOTOS: These Couples Prove Love Is Love 5:00 AM
- World News German President Will Boycott Sochi Olympics December 08 2013 3:16 PM
- Marriage Equality Gay Teacher Fired After Obtaining Marriage License December 08 2013 2:31 PM
- Comedy WATCH: Ellen and Portia Recreate Bound 2 December 08 2013 2:15 PM