Artist Spotlight: Vincent Keith
BY Christopher Harrity
January 25 2014 5:00 AM ET
Vincent Keith of Mascular makes portraits that look like an open window. He says:
"Portraitists tend to fall into two categories, those trying to reveal what is hidden and those who try to highlight what is there. I fall into the latter category. I think everything about a character is there to see — plainly. It's just knowing how to look. My objective in taking a portrait is not to 'get behind the veneer' — I question if that is indeed possible or desirable. Do we really see 'truth'? Most people I photograph have no idea what they look like. When you picture yourself in your mind, do you look like the person in the mirror? I certainly don't. A good portrait is a beautiful thing. This may be why I find portraiture the most rewarding area of photography."
Click through for more portraits. >>>
- One of the Original X-Men Comes Out as Gay (Spoilers)
- EXCLUSIVE: Josh Groban Sings "Over The Rainbow"
- More of You Could Be Fired for Getting Married
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- The World's Most Famous Trans Model Sits Down With Vogue
- Speak Now: Prop. 8 Decision Will Pave Way for National Marriage Victory