Artist Spotlight: Andrew Printer
BY Christopher Harrity
February 25 2012 3:00 AM ET
Born in Hong Kong and raised there, Texas and rural England Andrew Printer is a British photographer and video artist who has been living and working in southern California since 1991.
Printer's videos have been screened widely at festivals in Europe, the U.S., and on public television. His photographs have been exhibited in solo and group exhibitions worldwide, are included in several private collections, and are part of the permanent collection of the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston and the Library of the University of Indiana, Bloomington. He is also the recipient of several grants and scholarships.
Printer obtained his M.F.A. at the University of California, Irvine where his practice evolved into something more interdisciplinary, encompassing and incorporating photography, painting, performance and text.
- From Jail, Kim Davis Still Refuses to Issue Marriage Licenses
- Op-ed: Kim Davis Deserves Criticism But Not for Her Looks
- Mo. Trans Student's Bathroom Struggle Is History Repeating Itself
- Bus Driver Says Rainbow Decal Violates His Religious Freedom
- 39 Sci-Fi Divas Gays Adore
- Meet the Trans Man and Pansexual Woman Married by Kentucky Clerk Kim Davis