Artist Spotlight: Andrew Printer
BY Christopher Harrity
February 25 2012 3:00 AM ET
Born in Hong Kong and raised there, Texas and rural England Andrew Printer is a British photographer and video artist who has been living and working in southern California since 1991.
Printer's videos have been screened widely at festivals in Europe, the U.S., and on public television. His photographs have been exhibited in solo and group exhibitions worldwide, are included in several private collections, and are part of the permanent collection of the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston and the Library of the University of Indiana, Bloomington. He is also the recipient of several grants and scholarships.
Printer obtained his M.F.A. at the University of California, Irvine where his practice evolved into something more interdisciplinary, encompassing and incorporating photography, painting, performance and text.
- New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families
- The Brains Behind Husbands
- The 'Undetectable' Paradox
- WATCH: What Happens When a Gay Boy Scout Comes Out to His Camp Leader
- 3 Big Differences: Boy Scouts Versus Girl Scouts
- Transgender High School Senior Skips Graduation Over School's Transphobic Policy
Sign Up For Email Updates
- The End of Bullying Could Video Games Be a Cure for Anti-LGBT Bullying? 1 hour 40 min ago
- Television The Brains Behind Husbands 2 hours 37 min ago
- Tyler Curry The 'Undetectable' Paradox in Talking About HIV 2 hours 40 min ago
- Current Issue Meet the New Voice for Dallas 4:00 AM
- Books New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families May 23 2013 8:17 PM
- Commentary Op-ed: Boy Scouts Must Complete the Inclusion Process May 23 2013 7:32 PM
- Sports Gay Athletes Hop Aboard the Condom Mobile May 23 2013 7:15 PM