Great New Tome Celebrates Drag Performers Around the Globe
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
August 28 2012 7:00 AM ET
"Sal-E, Glitz Glam, and Krystal Something-Something were great finds for me, and people I wasn't familiar with before," Logan admits. "Their photos really speak to an edgier side of drag and helped round the book out in terms of inclusiveness and speak to how diversive the artform can be." Sherry Vine (star of the reality show She's Living for This), Hedda Lettuce, Miss Coco Peru, Lady Bunny, and numerous RuPaul's Drag Race alums, including Bebe Zahara, Chad Michaels, and Nina Flowers are among the more famous performers in the book. (Don't worry, drag purists; the book contains the classics — takes on Barbra, Madonna, and Liza.)
Photo of Courtney Act by Magnus Hastings
- Could National Marriage Equality Mean the End of Gay Culture?
- Op-ed: When Right vs. Left Becomes Right vs. Wrong
- Boxer Manny Pacquiao Denies Making Antigay Remarks
- PHOTOS: Men Over 50, 3rd Edition
- Argentina Makes History With Three-Parent Birth Certificate
- Rick Santorum Defends Bruce Jenner: 'He's a Woman'