Kids DVDs for Queer Adults
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
February 21 2013 6:00 AM ET
I grew up dreaming of a blonde Wonder Woman and a few years back realized it wasn't a dream; I had just watched a lot of this pre-Lynda Carter, '70s superspy take on the avenging Amazon. Cathy Lee Crosby (who used to be a sexy tennis player before she became an actress) plays Agent Diana Prince (and her alter ego Wonder Woman) in this very different TV incarnation, that was developed by scribe John D.F. Black (of Star Trek fame) and strongly influenced by '70s era comics that had Diana Prince as a mod, cat-suited crime-fighter. There are still her signature power bracelets and the infamous lasso of my dreams and even the invisible jet, so purists will get a kick out of this version of the series. Bonus: Ricardo Montalban plays a laconic lothario who tries to steal Prince's ultra-secret code books, which leads her to discover an Amazon sister-in-exile. Oh, and she goes home to Paradise Island (aka Themyscira), the home world of Wonder Woman and her sister Amazons. Can you say lesbosexy?
- Backlash Continues: Angie's List Cancels Indiana Expansion
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- After Indiana, 23 More States Could Pass Discrimination Bills
- 6 Bad Behaviors for HIV-Positive People
- Is It Time for These Indiana Events to Relocate?
- POLL: Even Republicans Say Marriage Equality Hasn't Affected Them