Kids DVDs for Queer Adults
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
February 21 2013 6:00 AM ET
I grew up dreaming of a blonde Wonder Woman and a few years back realized it wasn't a dream; I had just watched a lot of this pre-Lynda Carter, '70s superspy take on the avenging Amazon. Cathy Lee Crosby (who used to be a sexy tennis player before she became an actress) plays Agent Diana Prince (and her alter ego Wonder Woman) in this very different TV incarnation, that was developed by scribe John D.F. Black (of Star Trek fame) and strongly influenced by '70s era comics that had Diana Prince as a mod, cat-suited crime-fighter. There are still her signature power bracelets and the infamous lasso of my dreams and even the invisible jet, so purists will get a kick out of this version of the series. Bonus: Ricardo Montalban plays a laconic lothario who tries to steal Prince's ultra-secret code books, which leads her to discover an Amazon sister-in-exile. Oh, and she goes home to Paradise Island (aka Themyscira), the home world of Wonder Woman and her sister Amazons. Can you say lesbosexy?
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing it Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- Op-ed: What Happened When President Obama Met Two Trans Service Members
- Gay Wedding Advice for Gays and Straights
- Ethics Complaint Filed Against Texas AG Over Stance on Marriage Licenses
- Amber Heard: 'I Don't Want to Have to Deny My Sexuality in Order to Be Me'
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers