Queer-Casting the Next X-Men Movie
BY Brian Andersen
June 20 2014 8:00 AM ET
Though never a member of the main X-Men team, he’s been a key part of both X-Force and X-Factor. He’s a red-haired gladiator with deadly long double blades that he uses to slash his opponents and teleport. Since Blink from Days of Future Past appears in the X-Men movie future, in the 1980s the merry mutants can use a fierce fighter who can also teleport. (Added bonus: He’s in a loving relationship with fellow mutant Rictor.)
Dream Casting: Eddie Redmayne
The British-born Eddie Redmayne isn’t quite a household name in the U.S., but his fiery mane automatically puts him in the running for this character. Of course, he’s a talented thespian as well. He sang and emoted on-screen in 2012’s Les Misérables along with Wolverine and Catwoman (a.k.a. Hugh Jackman and Anne Hathaway), no easy feat. Redmayne would bring depth and humanity to our mutant from the Mojoverse.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- The Advocate's 31 Favorite Films of Outfest 2015
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing It Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- Why Does Facebook Censor Gay Images?
- Op-ed: I'm a Lesbian Targeted by the Bathroom Police
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality