Smash, Glee, and Work It: How Did the TV Networks Rank on LGBT Content?
BY Michelle Garcia
August 30 2012 7:40 AM ET
The Good Wife
CBS - "Failing"
1110 Total Hours of Prime-Time Programming
92 LGBT-Inclusive Hours (8% or 48 bisexual, 47 gay, 16 lesbian, and four transgender)
Inclusive shows: The Good Wife, Big Brother, The Amazing Race, Survivor, Same Name, Undercover Boss, The Mentalist, Person of Interest, Two and a Half Men, How I Met Your Mother, Rules of Engagement
Room for Improvement: Despite revolving storylines, there were reportedly very few LGBT-related stories on many of the procedurals on CBS. However, GLAAD suggests that CSI might explore more after the revelation that agent Dorneget is gay. The new sitcom Partners will likely also boost the network's grade, though GLAAD points out that many of the sitcoms now on the air tend to lean on borderline offensive humor at LGBT characters' expense.
- Women Ellen's Oscars' Selfie Gets Simpson-ized! March 06 2014 7:56 PM
- Travel General Motors Hopes to Impress You at Mammoth Gay Ski Week March 06 2014 7:24 PM
- Women WATCH: American Idol's Out Contestant MK Nobilette Does 'Drops of Jupiter' March 06 2014 7:18 PM
- Books Gay Propaganda Brings Russian Love Stories to Light March 06 2014 6:06 PM
- Film Jamie Lee Curtis Bringing Life of First Gay Baseball Player to Big Screen March 06 2014 5:48 PM
- Politics Here's Why Facebook Is Sponsoring Right-Wing CPAC March 06 2014 5:12 PM
- Media News Anchor on Russia's RT Network Quits Job on Air in Protest March 06 2014 4:34 PM