Smash, Glee, and Work It: How Did the TV Networks Rank on LGBT Content?
BY Michelle Garcia
August 30 2012 8:40 AM ET
The Good Wife
CBS - "Failing"
1110 Total Hours of Prime-Time Programming
92 LGBT-Inclusive Hours (8% or 48 bisexual, 47 gay, 16 lesbian, and four transgender)
Inclusive shows: The Good Wife, Big Brother, The Amazing Race, Survivor, Same Name, Undercover Boss, The Mentalist, Person of Interest, Two and a Half Men, How I Met Your Mother, Rules of Engagement
Room for Improvement: Despite revolving storylines, there were reportedly very few LGBT-related stories on many of the procedurals on CBS. However, GLAAD suggests that CSI might explore more after the revelation that agent Dorneget is gay. The new sitcom Partners will likely also boost the network's grade, though GLAAD points out that many of the sitcoms now on the air tend to lean on borderline offensive humor at LGBT characters' expense.
- Artist Spotlight: Roberta Marrero
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- LGBT Groups, Conservatives Outraged As Straight Mates Marry for Rugby Tickets
- WATCH: Philly Cops Search For Violent Group In Possible Hate Crime Against Gay Couple
- The Media Pioneers Will Be Gay