Smash, Glee, and Work It: How Did the TV Networks Rank on LGBT Content?
BY Michelle Garcia
August 30 2012 8:40 AM ET
The Good Wife
CBS - "Failing"
1110 Total Hours of Prime-Time Programming
92 LGBT-Inclusive Hours (8% or 48 bisexual, 47 gay, 16 lesbian, and four transgender)
Inclusive shows: The Good Wife, Big Brother, The Amazing Race, Survivor, Same Name, Undercover Boss, The Mentalist, Person of Interest, Two and a Half Men, How I Met Your Mother, Rules of Engagement
Room for Improvement: Despite revolving storylines, there were reportedly very few LGBT-related stories on many of the procedurals on CBS. However, GLAAD suggests that CSI might explore more after the revelation that agent Dorneget is gay. The new sitcom Partners will likely also boost the network's grade, though GLAAD points out that many of the sitcoms now on the air tend to lean on borderline offensive humor at LGBT characters' expense.
- Brokeback Mountain: The 10th Anniversary of a Gay Classic
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- 10 Things People Living With HIV Are Sick of Hearing
- The 'Ex-Gay' Candidate for Missouri Governor
- Queer Women in Their 30s Give Advice to Their 20-Something Selves
- Even the Rehearsal Footage From Madonna's Rebel Heart Tour Is Spellbinding