Smash, Glee, and Work It: How Did the TV Networks Rank on LGBT Content?
BY Michelle Garcia
August 30 2012 8:40 AM ET
The Good Wife
CBS - "Failing"
1110 Total Hours of Prime-Time Programming
92 LGBT-Inclusive Hours (8% or 48 bisexual, 47 gay, 16 lesbian, and four transgender)
Inclusive shows: The Good Wife, Big Brother, The Amazing Race, Survivor, Same Name, Undercover Boss, The Mentalist, Person of Interest, Two and a Half Men, How I Met Your Mother, Rules of Engagement
Room for Improvement: Despite revolving storylines, there were reportedly very few LGBT-related stories on many of the procedurals on CBS. However, GLAAD suggests that CSI might explore more after the revelation that agent Dorneget is gay. The new sitcom Partners will likely also boost the network's grade, though GLAAD points out that many of the sitcoms now on the air tend to lean on borderline offensive humor at LGBT characters' expense.
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- Father of Teen Facing Felony for Lesbian Relationship Says She's Been Targeted Before
- WATCH: President Obama Tells Morehouse Grads 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend'
- French Marriage Equality Opponent Commits Suicide at Notre Dame
- LGBT-Inclusive Immigration Reform Good as Dead, Say Advocates
- Illinois Will Pass Marriage Equality Bill, Sponsor Says
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Women PHOTOS: Stars Come Out for the LA Gay and Lesbian Center's 'An Evening with Women' 20 min 22 sec ago
- Video Meet the Delicious Diet Dr Pepper Dude 23 min 45 sec ago
- Women INTERVIEW: Vicci Martinez Speaks her Truth 1 hour 49 min ago
- Politics Neither Democrats Nor Republicans Pleased With Virginia's GOP Lt. Gov. Nominee 2 hours 44 min ago
- Entertainment News Bling King: Liberace Car, Piano on View in NYC 5:22 PM
- Love and Sex Dear Digital Romeo: How Do I Seduce a Guy Through Chat? 5:00 PM
- Women Free Kate — She's Been Targeted Before, Says Father 4:09 PM