Remembering Sahara: RuPaul and Drag Racers Share Memories
BY Daniel Reynolds
October 22 2012 4:00 AM ET
This has been a pretty gloomy year for me in that department. My dad passed away, and my gay father, who sort of raised me in the gay community, he’s the guy who kind of mentored me. To have a friend like Sahara who left us and shared the same experience that I did …we’re all apart of the same sorority at this point. You mourn for a certain amount of time, but you just realize that life is so real. Life is so fucking real. Things are inevitable. None of us are exempt. It just makes you want to live your life a little bit brighter and a little bit happier and kind of leave all that nonsense behind you.
- Bruce Jenner Ends Speculation, Comes Out as Transgender Woman
- Reba McEntire: First Time I Saw a Reba Drag Queen 'It Really Ticked Me Off'
- Ted Cruz/OUT NYC Fallout: Broadway Cares Cancels Benefit at Hotel
- Op-ed: Michfest's Founder Chose to Shut Down Rather Than Change With the Times
- 7 Lessons in How (And How Not) to Interview Trans People
- One Day After Ted Cruz's Gay Dinner, He Amps Up Antigay Ideas