WATCH: Game of Thrones Season 4 Trailer
BY Patrick Yacco
January 13 2014 4:16 PM ET
HBO’s phenomenally popular Game of Thrones is returning to television April 6, and the network has released a full trailer to kick off the show’s promotion. After last season’s infamous “Red Wedding,” the balance of power in Westeros has shifted yet again, leaving Daeneyrs Targaryen, Tyrion and Cersi Lannister, and the other characters fighting for control of the Seven Kingdoms.
The overall tone is quite foreboding, with Jamie Lannister remarking to the petulant King Joffrey, “The war is not won.” Tyrion sardonically notes, “Things are a bit tense right now,” and later adds, Iif you want justice, you’ve come to the wrong place.”
The trailer seems to point toward many of the elements from George R.R. Martin’s Storm of Swords, on which this season and the last are based. While that means there’s little chance of an LGBT character coming to the forefront this season, the show has a very strong queer following, and this season’s revelations are sure to keep fans glued to their seats.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- Reality Special My Husband’s Not Gay: Deep in Denial?
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- Hands Down, the Single Best Quote of 2014
- Op-ed: Trans Glamour Versus Trans Activism
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment