Twitter: Following and Unfollowing #Homophobes
BY Michelle Garcia
March 27 2013 12:56 PM ET
If you were looking for an excuse to unfollow your homophobic second cousin on Twitter, this week might be the best time to hop on the bandwagon.
The San Francisco Chronicle reports a spike in the number of people tweeting requests to stop following them if their followers don't agree with them on marriage equality and LGBT rights. Here are some of those who feel strongly about marriage, in either direction:
If you're against marriage equality, please unfollow me. You can hate LOST all you want, but you can't hate love.
— Damon Lindelof (@DamonLindelof) March 26, 2013
if you don't support gay marriage just because you're catholic please unfollow me defriend me delete me whatever #cantstandyourhate
— DJ Harrity (@DJHarrity) March 27, 2013
If you're against gay marriage, favorite this tweet so I can unfollow you. I don't want my timeline full of hateful walruses.
— Jordan Wilson (@JordanWiilson) March 27, 2013
Unfollow me if you wish.. but I stand for traditional marriage. #OneManOneWoman
— Madison Blaska (@LoveLiifeAlways) March 26, 2013
About to delete/unfollow anyone who uses the phrase "traditional marriage" to defend their anti same-sex marriage views.
— Mariel Polter (@mpolter) March 26, 2013
if you dont support gay marriage expect an unfollow
— im gay (@micaelasshole) March 27, 2013
I will always accept gay people and marriage for them. If you disagree go ahead and unfollow me. ✋
— A Sweet Bitch (@SweetBittch) March 26, 2013
Favor this tweet if you're against gay marriage so I can unfollow the shit out of you.
— Emily Lewis (@emilylewis_03) March 27, 2013
I love the tweets opposing equal marriage rights. Your ignorance is greatly appreciated #unfollow
— Danielle Rowe (@daniellerowe7) March 27, 2013
— Carson Shively (@carsonshively) March 27, 2013
- Holiday Guide: Shop Here, Not There
- WATCH: Jared Leto on Avoiding Trans Character 'Cliché' for 'Dallas Buyers Club'
- Gay News, LGBT Rights, Politics, Entertainment | The Advocate
- Op-ed: Straight Teen Girls Can Change the World
- New Celeb Couple: Dustin Lance Black and Tom Daley
- You Think You’re Worried?
- Women WATCH: Lesbian-Themed Web Series 'Kelsey' - Kelsey Gets All Kinds of Action December 04 2013 8:27 PM
- Travel Out Traveler Awards: Best Cruise Line? December 04 2013 7:42 PM
- Society Making LGBT Spirits Bright This Holiday Season December 04 2013 7:41 PM
- Women PHOTOS: Oxford University's Women's Rugby Club Bares All for Charity December 04 2013 7:25 PM
- Entertainment News Bill Hader Wanted Stefon's Goodbye to Be Emotional December 04 2013 4:50 PM
- Women 13 Reasons to Let AHS: Coven Cast A Spell on You -- in GIFs December 04 2013 4:36 PM
- Sports You Can Play and NFL Team Up With LGBT Youth December 04 2013 3:37 PM