Twitter: Following and Unfollowing #Homophobes
BY Michelle Garcia
March 27 2013 1:56 PM ET
If you were looking for an excuse to unfollow your homophobic second cousin on Twitter, this week might be the best time to hop on the bandwagon.
The San Francisco Chronicle reports a spike in the number of people tweeting requests to stop following them if their followers don't agree with them on marriage equality and LGBT rights. Here are some of those who feel strongly about marriage, in either direction:
If you're against marriage equality, please unfollow me. You can hate LOST all you want, but you can't hate love.
— Damon Lindelof (@DamonLindelof) March 26, 2013
if you don't support gay marriage just because you're catholic please unfollow me defriend me delete me whatever #cantstandyourhate
— DJ Harrity (@DJHarrity) March 27, 2013
If you're against gay marriage, favorite this tweet so I can unfollow you. I don't want my timeline full of hateful walruses.
— Jordan Wilson (@JordanWiilson) March 27, 2013
Unfollow me if you wish.. but I stand for traditional marriage. #OneManOneWoman
— Madison Blaska (@LoveLiifeAlways) March 26, 2013
About to delete/unfollow anyone who uses the phrase "traditional marriage" to defend their anti same-sex marriage views.
— Mariel Polter (@mpolter) March 26, 2013
if you dont support gay marriage expect an unfollow
— im gay (@micaelasshole) March 27, 2013
I will always accept gay people and marriage for them. If you disagree go ahead and unfollow me. ✋
— A Sweet Bitch (@SweetBittch) March 26, 2013
Favor this tweet if you're against gay marriage so I can unfollow the shit out of you.
— Emily Lewis (@emilylewis_03) March 27, 2013
I love the tweets opposing equal marriage rights. Your ignorance is greatly appreciated #unfollow
— Danielle Rowe (@daniellerowe7) March 27, 2013
— Carson Shively (@carsonshively) March 27, 2013
- Op-ed: In Defense of Looking
- The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Gay Tenn. 12-Year-Old Still Fighting the ‘Don’t Say Gay’ Bill He Helped Kill
- WATCH: Honey Maid's Newest Commercial Features Gay Families
- Far-Right Minister: Gays Responsible for Ukraine Crisis
- Arts & Entertainment EXCLUSIVE: Neil Patrick Harris, Behind the Shoot 29 min 26 sec ago
- HIV & AIDS Why Are a Higher Percentage of Native Americans Dying from AIDS Complications Than Any Other Group? 2 hours 23 min ago
- Arts & Entertainment Lorde Is Not Having Your Stupid Lesbian Joke 2 hours 48 min ago
- Commentary Op-ed: In Defense of Looking 7:00 AM
- Current Issue Truly Social Networking 6:01 AM
- Seat Filler 5 Must-See Shows: What's Gay Off-Broadway 5:00 AM
- Media Chicago Monthly Paper Threatens to Out Aldermen March 11 2014 8:40 PM