What Would Brian Boitano Do in Russia?
BY Jami Smith
January 03 2014 2:35 PM ET
Now that he is coming out and representing the LGBT community in Sochi, maybe it's time to add a verse to the Brian Boitano parody song.
It's as if Matt Stone and Trey Parker could predict the future when they included the song, "What Would Brian Boitano Do?" in their first feature length film, South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut.
As the song goes:
"And what would Brian Boitano do?
He'd call the kids in town
And tell them to unite for truth
That's what Brian Boitano'd do"
The Olympic figure skating champion offically came out as gay two days after being selected to the U.S. delegation for the Sochi Games alongside gay athletes Billie Jean King and Caitlin Cahow. President Obama's decision to send openly gay athletes instead of high-ranking officials sends a clear message to Russia.
Remember an old fave in the video below:
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion
- Arrow and The Flash Stars: It's Time for a Gay Superhero on TV
- Subaru Comes Out Against Indiana's 'License to Discriminate'
- WATCH: Seth Meyers Takes Down Indiana's New Antigay Legislation
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word
- Every GOP 2016 Hopeful Backs Mike Pence