What Would Brian Boitano Do in Russia?
BY Jami Smith
January 03 2014 2:35 PM ET
Now that he is coming out and representing the LGBT community in Sochi, maybe it's time to add a verse to the Brian Boitano parody song.
It's as if Matt Stone and Trey Parker could predict the future when they included the song, "What Would Brian Boitano Do?" in their first feature length film, South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut.
As the song goes:
"And what would Brian Boitano do?
He'd call the kids in town
And tell them to unite for truth
That's what Brian Boitano'd do"
The Olympic figure skating champion offically came out as gay two days after being selected to the U.S. delegation for the Sochi Games alongside gay athletes Billie Jean King and Caitlin Cahow. President Obama's decision to send openly gay athletes instead of high-ranking officials sends a clear message to Russia.
Remember an old fave in the video below:
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Anne Rice Announces New Vampire Chronicles Novel
- WATCH: Gay Man's Grandfather Came Out to Him at 90 Years Old
- South Carolina Soccer Team Signs Gay Player Anton Hysén
- Trans Woman Sues CrossFit After Being Told to Compete in Men's Division
- The A-List Interview: Chris O'Dowd
- Media Former Fox Sportscaster Claims Anti-Antigay Discrimination March 10 2014 9:37 PM
- Women Lorde Takes Down Idiot DJ Who Implies She and Taylor Swift Are Lesbians March 10 2014 9:01 PM
- Women WATCH: Trailer for New Lesbian-Themed Series #Hashtag March 10 2014 7:54 PM
- Travel Sydney Mardi Gras: A Post-Mortem March 10 2014 7:47 PM
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Marriage Equality Is an 'Extra Right,' Says Right-Wing Activist March 10 2014 7:44 PM
- Women Laurel Holloman Joins L Word Costars Leisha Hailey and Kate Moennig at Dinah! March 10 2014 6:22 PM
- Politics Lesbian Couple Sues Neighbors for Bias March 10 2014 6:08 PM