What Would Brian Boitano Do in Russia?
BY Jami Smith
January 03 2014 2:35 PM ET
Now that he is coming out and representing the LGBT community in Sochi, maybe it's time to add a verse to the Brian Boitano parody song.
It's as if Matt Stone and Trey Parker could predict the future when they included the song, "What Would Brian Boitano Do?" in their first feature length film, South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut.
As the song goes:
"And what would Brian Boitano do?
He'd call the kids in town
And tell them to unite for truth
That's what Brian Boitano'd do"
The Olympic figure skating champion offically came out as gay two days after being selected to the U.S. delegation for the Sochi Games alongside gay athletes Billie Jean King and Caitlin Cahow. President Obama's decision to send openly gay athletes instead of high-ranking officials sends a clear message to Russia.
Remember an old fave in the video below:
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- Eurovision Winner Who Called Gays an 'Abnormality' Changes Tune
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- 11 Sweet Celebrity Tweets Celebrating Ireland's Marriage Equality Win
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers