What Would Brian Boitano Do in Russia?
BY Jami Smith
January 03 2014 2:35 PM ET
Now that he is coming out and representing the LGBT community in Sochi, maybe it's time to add a verse to the Brian Boitano parody song.
It's as if Matt Stone and Trey Parker could predict the future when they included the song, "What Would Brian Boitano Do?" in their first feature length film, South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut.
As the song goes:
"And what would Brian Boitano do?
He'd call the kids in town
And tell them to unite for truth
That's what Brian Boitano'd do"
The Olympic figure skating champion offically came out as gay two days after being selected to the U.S. delegation for the Sochi Games alongside gay athletes Billie Jean King and Caitlin Cahow. President Obama's decision to send openly gay athletes instead of high-ranking officials sends a clear message to Russia.
Remember an old fave in the video below:
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Facebook Apologizes for 'Real Name' Policy
- The New 'Republicans Are People Too' Twitter Campaign Is An Epic Fail
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- GLAAD Issues Record Number of 'Excellent' Ratings for TV Networks