Boys of Broadway Bares 2014: Solo Strips
BY Brandon Voss
April 30 2014 2:54 PM ET
Going solo never looked so good.
Raising money to fight HIV and AIDS, 11 of Broadway's hottest dancers will perform choreographed stripteases May 11 for "Broadway Bares: Solo Strips" at New York City's BPM Nightclub.
"Solo Strips" returns to the roots of "Broadway Bares," the hugely popular fundraiser that began in 1992 as a burlesque benefit with seven buddies — including Jerry Mitchell, now the event's executive producer — performing stripteases at a bar for a $10 donation, plus tips. Last year's "Solo Strips" earned more than $13,000 for Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS.
"Solo Strips" serves as a warm-up for this summer's main event, "Broadway Bares 24: Rock Hard!," which will rock out June 22 at the Hammerstein Ballroom.
Before you buy tickets to the event, meet the featured dancers for this year's "Solo Strips" below.
Callan Bergman, Joshua Michael Brickman, and Sheldon Tucker
Todd Hanebrink, host Terren Wooten Clarke as Kizha Carr, and Anthony Rooar DeCarlis
Vince Oddo, Ricky Schroeder, and Julius Rubio
Michael Scirrotto, Dennis Stowe, and Ryan Worsing
- EXCLUSIVE: Bette Midler Covers TLC's 'Waterfalls'
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- QUIZ: Are You Afraid of Gay PDA?
- 7 Absurd Legal 'Arguments' Against Marriage Equality From a Straight Couple in Kansas
- Op-ed: No, You Shouldn't Raise 150K for Homophobes
- WATCH: Gays Want Everyone to Join Them in Hell, Says Colo. GOP Candidate