BY Michelle Garcia
August 11 2011 1:45 AM ET
Study: Gay Men Compete to Be Thin
2010: Competition and not personal desires are what drive straight women and gay men to lose weight, according to a study published in the Journal of Evolution and Human Behavior. The study found a natural competitive instinct among individuals of both groups to compare themselves to others who are seen as more successful. The study did not find the same results among lesbians or heterosexual men.
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion
- Indiana Newspaper Sends Big Message
- These Indiana Businesses Haven't Weighed in on Discrimination
- Subaru Comes Out Against Indiana's 'License to Discriminate'
- Gov. Mike Pence: 'This Is a Perception Problem'
- Op-ed: Angelina Jolie's Choice Bolsters the Trans Argument