BY Michelle Garcia
August 11 2011 1:45 AM ET
Study: Gay Men Compete to Be Thin
2010: Competition and not personal desires are what drive straight women and gay men to lose weight, according to a study published in the Journal of Evolution and Human Behavior. The study found a natural competitive instinct among individuals of both groups to compare themselves to others who are seen as more successful. The study did not find the same results among lesbians or heterosexual men.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- EXCLUSIVE: Bette Midler Covers TLC's 'Waterfalls'
- QUIZ: Are You Afraid of Gay PDA?
- 7 Absurd Legal 'Arguments' Against Marriage Equality From a Straight Couple in Kansas
- That's Amoré! 11 Irresistible Images of What Happened When Rome Recognized Same-Sex Marriages
- LISTEN: Santorum Frothing Mad That LGBT Activists Have 'Silenced the Church'