Go Inside Family Equality Council's Star-Studded Awards Dinner
BY Lucas Grindley
February 12 2014 3:30 PM ET
Honoree Jennifer Tyrrell got a standing ovation for her role as an activist, born out of being a lesbian mom who was kicked out by the Boy Scouts as a den mother. She was introduced by Zach Wahls, who said "Jennifer is what courage looks like."
Wahls is on the red carpet with Family Equality Council's executive director, Gabriel Blau. In his keynote speech, Blau announced that the group was asked to file amicus briefs in marriage equality cases in Utah and Oklahoma. The infuence of their previous U.S. Supreme Court brief can be seen in the DOMA ruling written by Justice Anthony Kennedy.
- Meet the Same-Sex Couple Who Made Dodger Stadium Swoon
- WATCH: You’ll Cry When You See What Happened During That Gay-Straight Prom Date
- RuPaul's Drag Race's Miss Fame: I've Yet to Leave My 'Beauty Mark'
- Op-ed: 5 Reasons Men's Health Needs a Trans Man On The Cover
- PHOTOS: Men Over 50, 3rd Edition