Go Inside Family Equality Council's Star-Studded Awards Dinner
BY Lucas Grindley
February 12 2014 2:30 PM ET
Creators of The Fosters on ABC Family, writer Brad Bredeweg and actor Peter Paige, were honored by Family Equality Council for bringing a family headed by two moms to television. Actress Maia Mitchell introduced them by addressing the controversy that has met The Fosters: "Like many of the families in this room understand, it has just made us stronger."
The night was hosted by comedian Alec Mapa, shown here with another of the night's big-name guests, George Takei. Mapa, another of the night's prominent dads, had a few one-liners for ABC Family. "ABC Family is so gay it's like Logo, but with ratings." One more? "ABC Family is so gay it's engaged to Liza Minnelli."
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- 5 James Baldwin Quotes That Foreshadowed Ferguson
- Another Lap for Michael Phelps’s Self-Proclaimed Girlfriend
- STUDY: Gay Sex Helps Humans Bond and Survive
- Michigan AG Asks Supreme Court To Skip Ruling on Marriage Equality
- Why the Mississippi Marriage Win Is Our Most Important Yet