7 Scary Stories for a Homophobic Halloween
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 25 2013 2:30 PM ET
The Government Is Out to Get You
What's scarier than waking up in this Twilight Zone–like scenario: an unrecognizable reality in which you are inexplicably branded a criminal by the government and essentially sent on the run? Antigay minister Jim Garlow said this year that LGBT activists want to “destroy marriage” and that if they prevail, Christians “will be forced underground. Their buildings will be taken away from them, many of their rights will be taken away from them.” Then there's Virginia gubernatorial candidate Ken Cuccinelli, who said a "priest friend" of his is "concerned that there might come a day soon when he and his fellow clergy might face imprisonment for teaching the Christian morals from the pulpit." Red State commentator Erick Erickson warned that “any Christian who refuses to recognize that man wants to upend God’s order will have to be driven from the national conversation,” he wrote. “They will be labeled bigots and ultimately criminals.”
- PHOTOS: Men Over 50, 3rd Edition
- New Details Emerge as Officials Rule Leelah Alcorn's Death a 'Suicide'
- Rick Santorum Defends Bruce Jenner: 'He's a Woman'
- Mayweather, Pacquiao: Two Checkered Pasts with LGBTs, One with Women
- Argentina Makes History With Three-Parent Birth Certificate
- WATCH: Being Gay Is 'Death Worthy,' According to Georgia Church Sign