BY Ross von Metzke
March 08 2010 9:35 PM ET
“The community has been really positive ... they’ve embraced the
contest. GLAAD endorsed not only us, but they complimented Crate &
Barrel on having a contest that’s so open. Obviously, we want to win a
wedding. Obviously, that’s why we entered. But it has grown into
something that is much bigger than us.”
They got their
marriage license last week (“Our picture was in The New York Times,”
Howard says with pride) and plan to get married later this
year. But before they settle on a date (Jones says they’re leaning
toward October 10, which is the one-year anniversary of when Howard
proposed), Howard says they want to see how the contest shakes out.
know it’s a long shot for us to win, but it would be an incredible
statement for Crate & Barrel to make.”
- PHOTOS: Men Over 50, 3rd Edition
- WATCH: Being Gay Is 'Death Worthy,' According to Georgia Church Sign
- Rick Santorum Defends Bruce Jenner: 'He's a Woman'
- Mayweather, Pacquiao: Two Checkered Pasts with LGBTs, One with Women
- New Details Emerge as Officials Rule Leelah Alcorn's Death a 'Suicide'
- Argentina Makes History With Three-Parent Birth Certificate