A Most-Wanted List: Mayors Not for Marriage
BY Josh Hinkle
February 23 2012 4:00 AM ET
"Though Mayor Fischer has not signed on to the Freedom to Marry
coalition, he is nonetheless a strong supporter of GLBT rights. There
are several openly gay people in key leadership positions in his
administration, and he signed an executive order within six months of
taking office extending health care benefits to domestic partners of
city employees. He also has been a supporter of the local Fairness
Campaign, a Louisville nonprofit that advocates for GLBT equality in
our city." —Chris Poynter, communications director for Mayor Greg
Fischer of Louisville, Ky.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- Gay Comic Publisher Undaunted by Apple's iBook Censorship
- Emily Blunt: 'I Want to Be a Gay Icon'
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment