George Takei's Marriage Equality Lunch-Date with Donald Trump
BY Sunnivie Brydum
December 05 2012 3:05 PM ET
Takei told his Facebook friends that he and Trump ate together at New York's Trump Tower Grill, in an hour-long meeting Takei called "a lively and engaging hour-long conversation that touched upon his personal position on marriage equality."
"[Trump] confided that he recently attended a same-sex wedding" Takei said, "and that he found it 'beautiful.'" Takei said he and Trump discussed New York's freshly minted marriage equality law, which Takei said is "better for business."
"I am always ready to speak to those ready to listen," Takei wrote. "I hope that my chat with The Don might have some effect on his stance on the subject."
Last March, when Trump was considering a presidential bid, he told the Des Moines Register that he opposed same-sex marriage. In an article in the New York Times in May, Trump compared his opposition to marriage equality to his resistance to using a new type of putter in golf.
- Holiday Guide: Shop Here, Not There
- WATCH: Rep. Polis's Epic Blowup on House Floor Over Immigration
- Gay News, LGBT Rights, Politics, Entertainment | The Advocate
- WATCH: Colo. Baker Who Refused Gay Wedding Cake Appears In Court
- New York Officials Demand Olympic Sponsors Take Action
- Op-ed: Stop Judging Tom Daley and Dustin Lance Black
- Women WATCH: Lesbians Explain How Lesbians Have Sex - with Visual Aids! December 05 2013 7:57 PM
- Travel Why Travelers Love Palm Springs Airport December 05 2013 7:33 PM
- Travel Turkish Bazaar Opening on Vegas Strip December 05 2013 7:12 PM
- Women WATCH: Nurse: 3D is the Epic Lesbian Exploitation Hospital Thriller of the Year! December 05 2013 6:54 PM
- No More Bullying WATCH: It Gets Better Speaks to Russian LGBT Youth December 05 2013 6:33 PM
- World News LGBT Rights Are 'Essential Part' of U.S. Foreign Policy, Says Susan Rice December 05 2013 6:15 PM
- Marriage Equality Judge Expected to Rule on Utah Marriage Ban Early Next Year December 05 2013 6:00 PM