Reasons for Pride: Setbacks for the Right Wing
BY Trudy Ring
June 30 2014 6:22 AM ET
“License to discriminate” legislation is failing in most states.
After much outcry, in February Arizona governor Jan Brewer vetoed a bill passed by the state legislature that would have allowed business owners to evade antidiscrimination law by citing their religious beliefs — for instance, if they didn’t want to serve a gay couple or members of a different faith. Similar proposals have failed to pass in several other states, including Kansas, Georgia, Idaho, Maine, South Dakota, and Tennessee, and Indiana. Unfortunately, one passed in Mississippi and was signed into law by Gov. Phil Bryant in April. Would Mississippi like to secede again?
- Panic! at the Disco Counters Westboro Baptist Church Picket With Donation
- Shocking Increase in HIV Diagnosis Rate Among Young Gay, Bi Men
- WATCH: Do Kids Movies Push The 'Gay Agenda'?
- Pride Photos: Munich Cuts Loose
- Fox Pundit: Obama Forcing 'Militant LGBT Agenda' on Christians
- GLAAD Studio Responsibility Index Reveals Lack of LGBT Visibility