21 Top News Stories of the Year
BY Lucas Grindley
November 14 2011 5:00 AM ET
2. New York Says “I Do”
Gov. Andrew Cuomo lobbied lawmakers (including four Republicans) into making their state the largest so far to allow same-sex marriages. Now antigay groups including the National Organization for Marriage promise electoral revenge on pols who supported the measure.
(RELATED: New York Says "I Do")
- BREAKING: Kentucky Clerk Defies Supreme Court, Denies Same-Sex Couples Marriage Licenses
- Why Are We Gay?
- 14 Ex-Ex Gays Paving the Way Forward
- 5 HIV-Positive Men Give Advice to Their Former Selves
- Op-ed: How The Danish Girl Helped Me Discover Myself
- WATCH: That Other Defiant Kentucky Clerk Named Davis Invokes 'Higher Power'