Author: What I Advocate This Month
BY Advocate Contributors
November 18 2011 5:00 AM ET
…Joel Grey. When he agreed to play the Wizard in the Broadway musical version of Wicked, I gasped. His turn as the creepy emcee in the film Cabaret (specifically singing the number “If You Could See Her”) had inspired me to include talking animals in the novel Wicked. He is debonair and seasoned on the stage, but his voice is still that of a 24-year-old crooner. How does he do it? Magic, that’s how.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Has Gaga Lost the Gays?
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- Philly: Catholic High School Fires Basketball Coach for Connection to Antigay Beating
- Op-ed: The Trouble With Teen Wolf
- Drink Baileys in Cameroon, Go to Jail for Being Gay