Author: What I Advocate This Month
BY Advocate Contributors
November 18 2011 5:00 AM ET
…Joel Grey. When he agreed to play the Wizard in the Broadway musical version of Wicked, I gasped. His turn as the creepy emcee in the film Cabaret (specifically singing the number “If You Could See Her”) had inspired me to include talking animals in the novel Wicked. He is debonair and seasoned on the stage, but his voice is still that of a 24-year-old crooner. How does he do it? Magic, that’s how.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Hillary Clinton's Kind Words to Gay Kid 'Afraid' for His Future
- WATCH: Rick Santorum Thinks 'People Aren't Getting Married'
- South Dakota AG: Clerks Can Refuse Same-Sex Marriage Licenses
- 15 More Queers and Allies to Watch in 2015
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing It Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed