Author: What I Advocate This Month
BY Advocate Contributors
November 18 2011 5:00 AM ET
…Joel Grey. When he agreed to play the Wizard in the Broadway musical version of Wicked, I gasped. His turn as the creepy emcee in the film Cabaret (specifically singing the number “If You Could See Her”) had inspired me to include talking animals in the novel Wicked. He is debonair and seasoned on the stage, but his voice is still that of a 24-year-old crooner. How does he do it? Magic, that’s how.
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- RuPaul Slays in New Video 'Modern Love'
- Eurovision Winner Who Called Gays an 'Abnormality' Changes Tune