Author: What I Advocate This Month
BY Advocate Contributors
November 18 2011 5:00 AM ET
…Joel Grey. When he agreed to play the Wizard in the Broadway musical version of Wicked, I gasped. His turn as the creepy emcee in the film Cabaret (specifically singing the number “If You Could See Her”) had inspired me to include talking animals in the novel Wicked. He is debonair and seasoned on the stage, but his voice is still that of a 24-year-old crooner. How does he do it? Magic, that’s how.
- #TBT: Hollywood Hunks Laid Bare: 1920s-1930s
- 60 Music Videos That Raised LGBT Visibility
- Op-ed: Whither Gay Provincetown?
- Lesbian Feminist Cathy Brennan Sues AfterEllen for Defamation
- Op-ed: Michael Sam Helps Therapy Come Out of the Closet
- WATCH: Josh Duggar's Hypocrisy Is No 'Excuse to Live in Sin,' Scolds Tony Perkins