9 Gay Reasons To Watch The Super Bowl
BY Michelle Garcia
February 01 2013 1:17 PM ET
This year the Baltimore Ravens take on the San Francisco 49ers in Super Bowl XLVII in New Orleans. We'll be live-tweeting the festivities, and we hope that you join our big, gay cross-country Super Bowl Party. Aside from the fact that it's an excuse to yell at the TV, eat an inordinate amount of appetizers and drink cocktails with themes referencing Edgar Allen Poe and the California gold rush, here are eight more reasons to watch the biggest television event of this year.
1. San Francisco is involved. It could be easily argued that the city by the bay is America's gay mecca. Sports Illustrated's coverage of the city reacting to their 49ers securing a spot in the big game would have been severely lacking had it not included photos at a gay sports bar, featuring celebratory smooches like the one in the video above.
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- 11 Sweet Celebrity Tweets Celebrating Ireland's Marriage Equality Win
- 25 Unforgettable Gay TV Kisses
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- PHOTOS: Historic Day for Marriage in Ireland