2014's Gayest Cities in America
BY Matthew Breen
January 06 2014 5:00 AM ET
14. Long Beach, Calif. (pop. 467,892)
Good California cuisine, a bunch of gay bars and restaurants, marine life at the Aquarium, beaches, one of the country’s biggest Pride events, and a relaxed atmosphere all conspire to make Long Beach a surprisingly gay city. Check out the lumberjack-chic atmosphere of the Mineshaft (1720 E. Broadway, 562-436-2433) and the civic-minded Paradise Piano Bar and Restaurant (ParadisePianoBar.com).
Photo at top courtesy Long Beach Pride
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- First Gay Couple to Wed at West Point Turns Tables on Antigay Attacker
- Op-ed: Are Millennials More Racist Than Antigay?
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- WATCH: Stonewall Movie Drops First Trailer