2014's Gayest Cities in America
BY Matthew Breen
January 06 2014 5:00 AM ET
14. Long Beach, Calif. (pop. 467,892)
Good California cuisine, a bunch of gay bars and restaurants, marine life at the Aquarium, beaches, one of the country’s biggest Pride events, and a relaxed atmosphere all conspire to make Long Beach a surprisingly gay city. Check out the lumberjack-chic atmosphere of the Mineshaft (1720 E. Broadway, 562-436-2433) and the civic-minded Paradise Piano Bar and Restaurant (ParadisePianoBar.com).
Photo at top courtesy Long Beach Pride
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- Op-ed: I Met My Best Friend on Grindr
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Op-ed: New Jersey's Most Antigay Teacher Shouldn't Have Her Job
- Prominent Queer Korean, Chicana Leader Killed in Her Atlanta Home
- Lack of Competent Providers Leaves Many LGBTs Uninsured & Untreated