2014's Gayest Cities in America
BY Matthew Breen
January 06 2014 5:00 AM ET
14. Long Beach, Calif. (pop. 467,892)
Good California cuisine, a bunch of gay bars and restaurants, marine life at the Aquarium, beaches, one of the country’s biggest Pride events, and a relaxed atmosphere all conspire to make Long Beach a surprisingly gay city. Check out the lumberjack-chic atmosphere of the Mineshaft (1720 E. Broadway, 562-436-2433) and the civic-minded Paradise Piano Bar and Restaurant (ParadisePianoBar.com).
Photo at top courtesy Long Beach Pride
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word
- Michigan Woman Sues Planet Fitness Over Trans-Inclusive Locker Room
- 12 Celebrities Who Lovingly Embrace Their LGBT Children