Top 20 Gay Travel Destinations of 2013
BY Michelle Garcia
September 11 2012 7:00 AM ET
As Roman sage Seneca once said, "Travel and change of place impart new vigor to the mind." According to the LGBT market specialist Out Now, our minds must full of vigor. After reportedly conducting the largest ever research study on LGBT travelers, the group reports that we will spend approximately $165 billion on travel in 2012 and even more next year. Furthermore, LGBT dollars are going to some traditionally beloved cities like San Francisco and Miami as well as less typical destinations such as Cape Town and Tokyo.
The following are the top 20 most coveted travel cities among LGBT tourists, according to the Out Now survey.
Tell us: What stamp do you want on your passport?
19. Cape Town (Related: Sizing Up South Africa | Clifton Third is listed as one of the world's best gay beaches)
18. Rome (Related: Three Gay Days in Rome)
- Artist Spotlight: Roberta Marrero
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- LGBT Groups, Conservatives Outraged As Straight Mates Marry for Rugby Tickets
- LGBT People Are Driving an Upheaval in Video Games
- Kazakhstan Politicians Call for DNA Testing to Identify Gays