Team LGBT: The Medal Count
BY Michelle Garcia
August 13 2012 2:06 PM ET
In their fifth Olympic games final, Team USA beat Japan in a rematch of last year's World Championship, where Japan prevailed over the Americans in the last few moments of the game. Out player Megan Rapinoe, along with Carli Lloyd, Abby Wambach, and Alex Morgan, were among the top scorers in the women's competition. Out coach Pia Sundhage said, "They found a way to win. Phenomenal, because that is not easy. They played with a huge heart and they changed the tactics and little bit. Wonderful."
The Swedish team, with out players Jessica Landstrom and Hedvig Lindahl, lost to France in the first round of tournament play. The bronze medal-winning Canadian team beat Great Britain, headed by out coach Hope Powell.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Christopher Sousa 4:00 AM
- Education Theological School Grads Show Support With Rainbow Tassels May 24 2013 8:55 PM
- Technology Want the Worst? Search for 'Gayest' May 24 2013 8:25 PM
- The End of Bullying WATCH: It Already Got Better for This Colorado Student May 24 2013 7:58 PM
- Women Kaitlyn Hunt Refuses Plea, Heads to Court Over Same-Sex High School Relationship May 24 2013 7:48 PM
- Politics Ukrainian LGBT Pride Event Blocked May 24 2013 7:32 PM
- Sports MMA Fighter in First Fight Since Revealing Gender Transition May 24 2013 7:00 PM