Team LGBT: The Medal Count
BY Michelle Garcia
August 13 2012 2:06 PM ET
In their fifth Olympic games final, Team USA beat Japan in a rematch of last year's World Championship, where Japan prevailed over the Americans in the last few moments of the game. Out player Megan Rapinoe, along with Carli Lloyd, Abby Wambach, and Alex Morgan, were among the top scorers in the women's competition. Out coach Pia Sundhage said, "They found a way to win. Phenomenal, because that is not easy. They played with a huge heart and they changed the tactics and little bit. Wonderful."
The Swedish team, with out players Jessica Landstrom and Hedvig Lindahl, lost to France in the first round of tournament play. The bronze medal-winning Canadian team beat Great Britain, headed by out coach Hope Powell.
- Kris Humphries Blames Vague Tweet, Supports Bruce Jenner
- Check Out The Enormous Support for Bruce Jenner from Celebs on Twitter
- Bruce Jenner: 'I'm A Woman'
- Huge Ratings Are In for Bruce Jenner Interview
- Reba McEntire: First Time I Saw a Reba Drag Queen 'It Really Ticked Me Off'
- Op-ed: Michfest's Founder Chose to Shut Down Rather Than Change With the Times