Rapper T.I. Doesn't Care If Gay People Get Married
BY Lucas Grindley
May 17 2012 6:06 PM ET
Rapper T.I. says everyone should just mind their own business when it comes to same-sex marriage.
"I don't care enough one way or another," he said during an interview on Hot97, according to Gawker. "If something doesn't affect you, you should not take a strong position against it."
T.I. seems to have a laissez-faire approach to marriage equality that Gawker points out might be "a good rule of thumb" for the right wing.
"I don't care," T.I. said. "I don't see what the big deal is, why some people are so against it. Why would you be so against it if it doesn't affect you or your lifestyle? I'm not in that world and it doesn't affect me if they did or they didn't."
T.I. is the latest in a string of rappers to support President Obama's backing of marriage equality. Jay-Z also said people should stay out of each others's lives.
"What people do in their own homes is their business and you can choose to love whoever you love. That's their business,” he told CNN. “It’s is no different than discriminating against blacks. It's discrimination plain and simple."
Will Smith called the president "brave" for publicly supporting marriage equality.
“If anybody can find someone to love them and to help them through this difficult thing that we call life, I support that in any shape or form," he said, according to the Washington Post.
- WATCH: Ben Affleck and SNL Crew Go to Ex-Gay Camp
- WATCH: Elton John Slams 'Inhumane, Isolating' Anti-LGBT Laws In Russia
- Op-ed: Why I Filmed My Coming Out Journey
- Lady Gaga Congratulates Tom Daley, Urges Boycott of Sochi Olympics
- Hot Sheet: Hark the Herald Angel Swings
- Bringing Diversity to the Digital Realm
- Art In the Galleries: Transformer 2 hours 8 min ago
- Politics WATCH: Elton John Slams Russia's Anti-LGBT Laws Onstage December 06 2013 8:40 PM
- Women American Horror Story: Coven -- Ritual Witch-ual December 06 2013 8:30 PM
- Travel Wanna Win a Wedding in West Hollywood? December 06 2013 7:26 PM
- Election Nebraska Republican Vying for Mantle as Most Antigay in Primary December 06 2013 6:53 PM
- Women WATCH: Santana Lopez as the Best Bad Santa Ever! December 06 2013 6:33 PM
- Religion WATCH: Robertson Prays for Gays 'Recruited' By Abuse December 06 2013 4:41 PM