Rapper T.I. Doesn't Care If Gay People Get Married
BY Lucas Grindley
May 17 2012 7:06 PM ET
Rapper T.I. says everyone should just mind their own business when it comes to same-sex marriage.
"I don't care enough one way or another," he said during an interview on Hot97, according to Gawker. "If something doesn't affect you, you should not take a strong position against it."
T.I. seems to have a laissez-faire approach to marriage equality that Gawker points out might be "a good rule of thumb" for the right wing.
"I don't care," T.I. said. "I don't see what the big deal is, why some people are so against it. Why would you be so against it if it doesn't affect you or your lifestyle? I'm not in that world and it doesn't affect me if they did or they didn't."
T.I. is the latest in a string of rappers to support President Obama's backing of marriage equality. Jay-Z also said people should stay out of each others's lives.
"What people do in their own homes is their business and you can choose to love whoever you love. That's their business,” he told CNN. “It’s is no different than discriminating against blacks. It's discrimination plain and simple."
Will Smith called the president "brave" for publicly supporting marriage equality.
“If anybody can find someone to love them and to help them through this difficult thing that we call life, I support that in any shape or form," he said, according to the Washington Post.
- WATCH: President Obama Tells Morehouse Grads 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend'
- WATCH: Ben Affleck and SNL Crew Go to Ex-Gay Camp
- WATCH: The Cure for Gay Wedding-Related Depression
- Florida Teen Facing Sex Offender Charge For Consensual Same-Sex Relationship
- Thousands Rally Against Anti-LGBT Violence in New York City
- Texas Man Resurrects Suit Alleging AG Fired Him for Being Gay
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Politics WATCH: Obama's Morehouse Commencement Speech Name-Checks Gay Rights 54 min 40 sec ago
- Crime Thousands Rally Against Anti-LGBT Violence in New York City 1 hour 15 min ago
- Women WATCH: Ellen Responds To Abercrombie's Sizeist CEO - 'Fitch, Please!' 1 hour 25 min ago
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Matthew Morrison Can't Even Make Sense of Marriage Inequality 1 hour 51 min ago
- Law Texas Man Resurrects Suit Alleging AG Fired Him for Being Gay 2 hours 2 min ago
- Women Obama to Award Presidential Medal of Freedom to Sally Ride 2 hours 49 min ago
- Pride Turn It Way Up with Pride Beats 2013 2 hours 51 min ago