Where We Are on TV
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 28 2010 5:45 PM ET
In its 15th annual "Where We Are on TV" study, the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation finds that while things are steadily improving for LGBT characters on television, there is still a way to go.
While most broadcast and cable networks have increased the number of LGBT characters on their programs, there are no black LGBT character on any of the broadcast networks. Some networks, including CBS, TBS, and USA, still have little to no LGBT representation.
For the most part, though, the news is good. From broadcast (The Good Wife, 90210) to cable (True Blood, Nurse Jackie), take a look at the following slide show of all the leading and supporting LGBT characters on television.
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: Why I Filmed My Coming Out Journey 2 hours 32 min ago
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: Love Starts With Acceptance 2 hours 33 min ago
- Year in Review 11 Great New Tech Gifts 2 hours 33 min ago
- Women WATCH: Lesbians Explain How Lesbians Have Sex - with Visual Aids! December 05 2013 7:57 PM
- Travel Why Travelers Love Palm Springs Airport December 05 2013 7:33 PM
- Travel Turkish Bazaar Opening on Vegas Strip December 05 2013 7:12 PM
- Women WATCH: Nurse: 3D is the Epic Lesbian Exploitation Hospital Thriller of the Year! December 05 2013 6:54 PM