Where We Are on TV
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 28 2010 6:45 PM ET
In its 15th annual "Where We Are on TV" study, the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation finds that while things are steadily improving for LGBT characters on television, there is still a way to go.
While most broadcast and cable networks have increased the number of LGBT characters on their programs, there are no black LGBT character on any of the broadcast networks. Some networks, including CBS, TBS, and USA, still have little to no LGBT representation.
For the most part, though, the news is good. From broadcast (The Good Wife, 90210) to cable (True Blood, Nurse Jackie), take a look at the following slide show of all the leading and supporting LGBT characters on television.
- Westboro Baptist Joins the Anti-Kim Davis Bandwagon But the Reason May Surprise You
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Funny or Die Spoofs Kim Davis With Clerks and Recreation
- WATCH: More Officials Like Kim Davis Would Be a Disaster
- WATCH: Deaf Meets LGBT in New Romantic Series
- Donald Trump Takes a Day to Get Up to Speed on Kim Davis