Where We Are on TV
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 28 2010 5:45 PM ET
In its 15th annual "Where We Are on TV" study, the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation finds that while things are steadily improving for LGBT characters on television, there is still a way to go.
While most broadcast and cable networks have increased the number of LGBT characters on their programs, there are no black LGBT character on any of the broadcast networks. Some networks, including CBS, TBS, and USA, still have little to no LGBT representation.
For the most part, though, the news is good. From broadcast (The Good Wife, 90210) to cable (True Blood, Nurse Jackie), take a look at the following slide show of all the leading and supporting LGBT characters on television.
- Uganda As Aid Cuts Continue, Ugandan Officials Not Concerned 15 min 58 sec ago
- Religion Fired Gay Administrator Sues Wash. Catholic School 18 min 13 sec ago
- Women Who the F Is … California Politico Toni Atkins? 1 hour 20 min ago
- Women Op-ed: Why We Need International Women's Day 1 hour 23 min ago
- Books Lambda Literary Awards: Leavitt, Bianchi, Winterson Nominated 1 hour 31 min ago
- Women 19 Reasons to Swoon Over Androgynous Model Saskia de Brauw 1 hour 48 min ago
- Television Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower 1 hour 49 min ago