Where We Are on TV
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 28 2010 5:45 PM ET
In its 15th annual "Where We Are on TV" study, the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation finds that while things are steadily improving for LGBT characters on television, there is still a way to go.
While most broadcast and cable networks have increased the number of LGBT characters on their programs, there are no black LGBT character on any of the broadcast networks. Some networks, including CBS, TBS, and USA, still have little to no LGBT representation.
For the most part, though, the news is good. From broadcast (The Good Wife, 90210) to cable (True Blood, Nurse Jackie), take a look at the following slide show of all the leading and supporting LGBT characters on television.
- Love and Sex Single, Fun, Fit, and 50 7 min 18 sec ago
- Travel Travelogue: News and Notes from Philly, San Diego and More 24 min 6 sec ago
- Politics Virginia's House Repeals Sodomy Ban 1 hour 23 min ago
- Crime WATCH: Gay Couple Attacked in NYC on 10th Anniversary 1 hour 29 min ago
- Theater Late Gay TV Star's Play Eyes Broadway 2 hours 13 min ago
- Commentary Why Is the St Patrick's Day Parade So Important to LGBT Activists? 2 hours 13 min ago
- Comedy WATCH: Jeffrey: The Series Episode 7, ‘Velvet Rope’ 2 hours 15 min ago