WATCH: Queen Latifah Takes Us Backstage at the Grammy Weddings
BY Jase Peeples
January 28 2014 3:03 PM ET
Queen Latifah may not be willing to discuss the details of her private life, but the actress and talk show host was visibly overjoyed as she shared a behind-the-scenes look at the mass wedding, over which she officiated at the Grammys, with the audience of The Queen Latifah Show.
“I’m so excited,” she told viewers. “I’m sure you all saw the Grammys on Sunday night. I was deputized and I married 33 couples, and I’m so proud of that moment. I still can’t get over it. It felt so incredible to be on that stage, looking out at all those happy couples with the anticipation of what was about to happen. I mean they were dancing, they were crying, it was just — so exciting.”
She then shared exclusive footage of her deputation, her preparation for the historic moment onstage, and adding her signature to the marriage certificates of 33 same-sex and opposite-sex couples.
See the moving moment from Latifah’s point of view in the video below.
- Jenny Boylan Tells Caitlyn Jenner: 'Don't Be a Stupid' Woman
- Pride at Work Tells HRC: ‘Enough Is Enough’
- WATCH: Miley Cyrus Features LGBT Youth and Drag Queens in VMA's Closing Number
- Ellen DeGeneres and Gap Launch New Clothing Line for Girls That Challenges Stereotypes
- 5 HIV-Positive Men Give Advice to Their Former Selves
- Op-ed: Jazz Jennings Is TV's Unsung Trans Heroine