Outing the "Quiet Gay"
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 14 2011 2:00 PM ET
In response to Out magazine’s Power 50 list, which honors a number of high-profile people who aren’t officially out of the closet, Gay.com is asking readers for their thoughts on outing the “quiet gay.”
Topping the Power 50 list, which honors influential LGBT people, is the COO/acting CEO of Apple, Tim Cook. Cook isn’t officially out, and he’s one of many who fall into that category. CNN journalist and anchor Anderson Cooper, Fox News anchor Shepard Smith, blogger Matt Drudge, and IAC chairman Barry Diller are also on the list.
Out and Gay.com are owned by the same parent company as The Advocate.
Did Out “out” these guys? Click here to share your thoughts.
- Commentary Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto 34 min 29 sec ago
- Film Why Television Is Outpacing Film in Diversity 2 hours 50 min ago
- Current Issue A Letter to My Partners 6:01 AM
- Current Issue Number Crunch: A Church in Crisis 5:00 AM
- Current Issue The A-List Interview: Chris O'Dowd 4:00 AM
- Politics South Carolina Legislators Vote to Cut University Funding for Assigning LGBT Books March 09 2014 4:46 PM
- Politics WATCH: One Gay Man's Touching Plea for Equality in Utah March 09 2014 3:09 PM