Outing the "Quiet Gay"
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 14 2011 1:00 PM ET
In response to Out magazine’s Power 50 list, which honors a number of high-profile people who aren’t officially out of the closet, Gay.com is asking readers for their thoughts on outing the “quiet gay.”
Topping the Power 50 list, which honors influential LGBT people, is the COO/acting CEO of Apple, Tim Cook. Cook isn’t officially out, and he’s one of many who fall into that category. CNN journalist and anchor Anderson Cooper, Fox News anchor Shepard Smith, blogger Matt Drudge, and IAC chairman Barry Diller are also on the list.
Out and Gay.com are owned by the same parent company as The Advocate.
Did Out “out” these guys? Click here to share your thoughts.
- Film Gay-Helmed Sci-Fi Film Space Station 76 Debuts at SXSW 7:15 PM
- Religion Archbishop of NY Applauds NFL Hopeful Michael Sam for Coming Out 5:04 PM
- Love and Sex Sexually Explicit Videos No Longer Allowed on Vine 1:06 PM
- Dance NYC Boylesque Fest Teases Return 6:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Taylor Smith 4:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 7:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 7:25 PM