7 Scary Stories for a Homophobic Halloween
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 25 2013 2:30 PM ET
Hide the Kids!
Gay people are coming for your children, right-wingers constantly warn. But LGBT activists fooled the world into believing they just want to get married. Or go camping. "There is a movement on to normalize pedophilia," warns conservative radio's Rush Limbaugh. And it operates insidiously, same as marriage equality activists, he said in January. "There is a movement on to normalize pedophilia, and I guarantee you your reaction to that is probably much the same as your reaction when you first heard about gay marriage." Meanwhile the head of a group opposed to ending the Boy Scouts' gay ban, John Stemberger, warned that being gay is seen as "hip" and "edgy" — but it's a trick. "If scouting sends the message, 'We’re open for gays,' you’re going to have so much nonsense going on between older boys and younger boys, it’s just going to create a myriad of problems that really is going to result in further scandal, further disgrace to the Scouts, not to mention just the tragedy of the emotional, sexual, psychological, and physical abuse that will occur in the program."
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida
- Eurovision Winner Who Called Gays an 'Abnormality' Changes Tune
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- RuPaul Slays in New Video 'Modern Love'
- Artist Spotlight: Ben McNutt