WATCH: A Poignant Ad for Marriage Equality
BY Lucas Grindley
August 15 2012 7:29 PM ET
The "It's Time" video promoting marriage equality and watched by hundreds of thousands across the globe has spurred an offshoot with a different plot but the same message.
The new video, titled "Love is Love," was posted Sunday. The creators say they were inspired by the original Australian video from GetUp! and its first-person camera view. It told the story of a gay couple meeting, falling in love, and getting engaged. The emphasis on love and commitment instead of marriage benefits is said to be more relatable and effective with persuadable voters by think tanks such as The Third Way.
Watch the new version in the video below, with its own window into gay life.
- Backlash Continues: Angie's List Cancels Indiana Expansion
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- After Indiana, 23 More States Could Pass Discrimination Bills
- Is It Time for These Indiana Events to Relocate?
- 6 Bad Behaviors for HIV-Positive People
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.