WATCH: A Poignant Ad for Marriage Equality
BY Lucas Grindley
August 15 2012 7:29 PM ET
The "It's Time" video promoting marriage equality and watched by hundreds of thousands across the globe has spurred an offshoot with a different plot but the same message.
The new video, titled "Love is Love," was posted Sunday. The creators say they were inspired by the original Australian video from GetUp! and its first-person camera view. It told the story of a gay couple meeting, falling in love, and getting engaged. The emphasis on love and commitment instead of marriage benefits is said to be more relatable and effective with persuadable voters by think tanks such as The Third Way.
Watch the new version in the video below, with its own window into gay life.
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing it Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Gay Wedding Advice for Gays and Straights
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Amber Heard: 'I Don't Want to Have to Deny My Sexuality in Order to Be Me'
- Trans Woman Dares Bible-Quoting Councilman to Stone Her to Death