WATCH: A Poignant Ad for Marriage Equality
BY Lucas Grindley
August 15 2012 7:29 PM ET
The "It's Time" video promoting marriage equality and watched by hundreds of thousands across the globe has spurred an offshoot with a different plot but the same message.
The new video, titled "Love is Love," was posted Sunday. The creators say they were inspired by the original Australian video from GetUp! and its first-person camera view. It told the story of a gay couple meeting, falling in love, and getting engaged. The emphasis on love and commitment instead of marriage benefits is said to be more relatable and effective with persuadable voters by think tanks such as The Third Way.
Watch the new version in the video below, with its own window into gay life.
- WATCH: Dodger Stadium Reacts to Same-Sex Couple on Kiss Cam
- Newly Out Fox Contributor Isn't Very Concerned About Gay Rights
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Out NYC Owners Call Gays 'Cheap,' 'Entitled' In Disastrous Interview
- 9 Celebs Who Learned the Hard Way the T-Word Is Over
- The Films of the 26th Annual Honolulu Rainbow Film Festival