WATCH: A Poignant Ad for Marriage Equality
BY Lucas Grindley
August 15 2012 7:29 PM ET
The "It's Time" video promoting marriage equality and watched by hundreds of thousands across the globe has spurred an offshoot with a different plot but the same message.
The new video, titled "Love is Love," was posted Sunday. The creators say they were inspired by the original Australian video from GetUp! and its first-person camera view. It told the story of a gay couple meeting, falling in love, and getting engaged. The emphasis on love and commitment instead of marriage benefits is said to be more relatable and effective with persuadable voters by think tanks such as The Third Way.
Watch the new version in the video below, with its own window into gay life.
- Leslie Jordan: I Threw 'Sweet Iced Tea, Not Coffee' in Starbucks Fight
- Texas Rep.: Strand Gays on an Island, See What Happens
- Op-ed: Why I Unfriended My Mother
- Iowa Couple Plans 1,000 Antigay Billboards
- Texas Gay Man, 32, Dies in Custody After Being Denied Medication
- 10 Tips on Growing Older for LGBT People Under 40