WATCH: The Heartfelt Stories You Haven't Seen Much of in Marriage Equality Ads
BY Lucas Grindley
October 15 2012 7:32 PM ET
The voices of LGBT people are not featured in many of the ads actually hitting airwaves in the four states where marriage equality is on the ballot — Washington, Minnesota, Maine and Maryland. Instead, voters are more often hearing from the families of gays and lesbians who want to get married.
But an online video campaign supporting Marriage Equality USA (MarriageEquality.org) tells the personal stories of four same-sex couples whose relationships are strong despite adversity.
"Four couples. Four love stories. One commitment," a description of the video says. "A new video about the only thing that should determine who should get married — LOVE."
Watch the first-person testimonials below.
- WATCH: 'Christian' Family's Terrifying Response to Son Coming Out
- WATCH: Dr. Drew Interviews Gay Teen Attacked by Christian Family
- Op-ed: This Is What Happens When a Generation Is Raised on LGBT Visibility
- Op-ed: No One Is Invincible
- WATCH: Explaining U.K.-Scotland Relationship as Gay Romantic Comedy
- Hot Sheet: Young, Cute, Dead