WATCH: The Heartfelt Stories You Haven't Seen Much of in Marriage Equality Ads
BY Lucas Grindley
October 15 2012 7:32 PM ET
The voices of LGBT people are not featured in many of the ads actually hitting airwaves in the four states where marriage equality is on the ballot — Washington, Minnesota, Maine and Maryland. Instead, voters are more often hearing from the families of gays and lesbians who want to get married.
But an online video campaign supporting Marriage Equality USA (MarriageEquality.org) tells the personal stories of four same-sex couples whose relationships are strong despite adversity.
"Four couples. Four love stories. One commitment," a description of the video says. "A new video about the only thing that should determine who should get married — LOVE."
Watch the first-person testimonials below.
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- WATCH: Out Musician Mika Shares Video for 'Good Guys,' a Bittersweet Homage to Gay Men
- WATCH: The Moment Ireland Said 'Yes' to Marriage Equality
- PHOTOS: International Mr. Leather Weekend
- Vatican Official Calls Irish Marriage Vote 'Defeat for Humanity'
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide