WATCH: The Heartfelt Stories You Haven't Seen Much of in Marriage Equality Ads
BY Lucas Grindley
October 15 2012 7:32 PM ET
The voices of LGBT people are not featured in many of the ads actually hitting airwaves in the four states where marriage equality is on the ballot — Washington, Minnesota, Maine and Maryland. Instead, voters are more often hearing from the families of gays and lesbians who want to get married.
But an online video campaign supporting Marriage Equality USA (MarriageEquality.org) tells the personal stories of four same-sex couples whose relationships are strong despite adversity.
"Four couples. Four love stories. One commitment," a description of the video says. "A new video about the only thing that should determine who should get married — LOVE."
Watch the first-person testimonials below.
- The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender
- Fox's Newest Cop Comedy Is Quietly Breaking Ground
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Gay Tenn. 12-Year-Old Still Fighting the ‘Don’t Say Gay’ Bill He Helped Kill
- Is Mr. Peabody & Sherman About Adoption by Gays?
- Game of Thrones Actor Kristian Nairn Reveals He's Gay
- Media Chicago Monthly Paper Threatens to Out Aldermen March 11 2014 8:40 PM
- Travel VIDEO: George Takei at Austin's SXSW Festival March 11 2014 7:17 PM
- Women WATCH: Bisexuality v. Pansexuality - We Discuss the Difference March 11 2014 7:02 PM
- Television WATCH: Honey Maid's Newest Commercial Features Gay Families March 11 2014 6:45 PM
- Women 5 Things That Pissed Us Off This Week: Homegrown Homophobia March 11 2014 6:27 PM
- Religion Far-Right Minister: Gays Responsible for Ukraine Crisis March 11 2014 6:25 PM
- Travel Copenhagen: The Gayest Place in 2014 March 11 2014 5:55 PM