The Good, the Bad, and the Jewnicorn
BY C. Brian Smith
May 14 2014 3:00 AM ET
Andrew Sullivan & Aaron Tone, Provincetown, MA – August 27, 2007
Andrew Sullivan (above left), author, editor, and longtime proponent of “mainstreaming” LGBT people rather than soliciting radical social change, married Aaron Tone in an intimate ceremony in Provincetown, Mass., on August 27, 2007.
What did you get right? Andrew Sullivan: We gave both of our families a vacation in adjoining houses in Provincetown and had the wedding on Monday evening, after everyone had spent the week getting to know each other.
Is there anything you’d do differently if you had a do-over? AS: We waited too long to get a wedding planner. It was a game of chicken between two dudes not caring about wedding shit. In the end I caved and a friend rescued us.
What advice would you give a couple planning their wedding? AS: Only invite guests you have seen in person in the past 12 months. Oh, and both of you should make time and get massages an hour before ceremony.
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- BREAKING: Supreme Court Rebuffs Florida — Marriages to Begin
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Emily Blunt: 'I Want to Be a Gay Icon'
- WATCH: Partner of Sydney Siege Hero Remembers His 'Soulmate'