New Year Same Hangover?
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
January 09 2012 4:00 AM ET
Unless you've always been a teetotaler, you've probably endured a post-party hangover. The familiar one-too-many syndrome that follows New Year's Eve, St. Patrick's Day celebrations, and every circuit party known to the LGBT crowd happens when your overburdened liver tries to clear out the toxins and chemicals from the alcohol. Headaches, dehydration, nausea, head spins, lowered blood sugar, and fatigue all kick in the morning after you've indulged. Every culture swears by its own hangover treatments (Bloody Marys, menudo, olive oil, Tiger Balm, sleeping 18 hours), but we found five remedies sure to ease your pain.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Freddy Krave Is His Own Best Model
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View