2014's Gayest Cities in America
BY Matthew Breen
January 06 2014 4:00 AM ET
10. Arlington, Va. (pop. 221,045)
Sitting right next to D.C., Arlington has three LGBT elected officials and a gay rodeo association — but more than that, this city has the Arlington Gay & Lesbian Alliance, offering social activities and community service, and popular gay bar and brunch spot Freddie’s Beach Bar & Restaurant (FreddiesBeachBar.com) and gay-popular divey beer bar Galaxy Hut (GalaxyHut.com).
Above: Courtesy IGRA
- Artist Spotlight: Carlos Barahona Possollo
- Patrick Stewart: 'Supporting Gay Rights Is Natural'
- Gallery of Geek: J. Bone
- George Takei Hosts My Husband's Not Straight — The Perfect Follow-Up to TLC's 'Not Gay' Reality Show
- Madonna's 12 Studio Albums Ranked
- Op-ed: 6 Lessons a Straight Couple Learned From Owning a Gay Bar