Team LGBT Goes for the Olympic Gold
BY Michelle Garcia
July 16 2012 5:00 AM ET
Seimone Augustus: Basketball, U.S.
WNBA champion and star Minnesota Lynx player Seimone Augustus came out publicly to The Advocate earlier this year. The motivation? Her engagement to her fiancée, LaTaya. Competing internationally, whether she's playing in Russia or on the Olympic court, is familiar to Augustus.
“Every country is out to beat Team USA,” she said earlier this year. “If they beat us, it makes their year, it makes their life, it makes their career. I have Russian teammates that I played against in 2006, when they beat us in the World Championships, and they still talk about that now. So beating Team USA is everything to the other countries because we set such high standards for ourselves.”
Tags: Summer Loving In London
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide
- 14 Stunning Photos of LGBT Military Personnel
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida